One Night in October--FRINGE Season IV/AWWP #2

LightPhoenix

First Post
Why is she back then, though? Or was that just part of the plan all along?

That remains unresolved. My theory is that they needed Olivia to swap masses with Fauxlivia when she crossed back over.

I am also not sure how the machine worked without Peter (or what kind of machine it was instead.)

The machine is a deus ex machina? :p

It's probably hand-waved as being immune to the altered timelines. After all, it shouldn't exist period since the Grey Future never came to pass. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Peter still exists because of the machine.

SiderisAnon

First Post
That remains unresolved. My theory is that they needed Olivia to swap masses with Fauxlivia when she crossed back over.

When the other side Broyles' corpse was sent over, that was the point. There had to be some kind of a mass exchange with the method they were using. Since the real Olivia and the other side Olivia are about the same mass, you can exchange them. (Though if I were doing it, I might send some trash instead and keep both Olivias in hopes of gaining an advantage.)

I am also not sure how the machine worked without Peter (or what kind of machine it was instead.)

The machine is by definition a paradox and therefore there is no paradox. :)

From what I can see, they're running along the lines that the bridging of the universes removed Peter from existence. In effect, he was the FUEL to make the machine work. Major things he did are now changed such as Oliva's personality and Walter's stability but the machine was still activated because it was the activation of the machine and the consumption of Peter as fuel that erased him in the first place.

Or may I just watch too much Doctor Who and bendy illogical logic has just become acceptable to me.

Remove ads