• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E One of my players married a beholder, help!?

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
Sure, but I think it is clear the OP has embraced the WAHOO school of D&D. Which is cool.

The thing I would want to know is how are you going to kitbash the miniature?
Haven't started using miniatures for most of it just using tokens for the most part.

I'm the DM and I'm still struggling to find things to stump or challenge this player.

You stumped me! 😄

So in the middle of combat, the druid enters the beholder’s dreams and woos, weds, and ‘beds’ it? Man that is one form of action economy!

I think I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Since Beholders are rumored to be notoriously xenophobic, it might just reject the daughter, and the druid co-parent as being repugnant.

The OP’s scenario is insanely imaginative.👍

Last edited:

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Have a cult come kidnap the girl because the is the prophesied reincarnation of a evil goddess. The Character can't help her, he must destroy her, she is an evil goddess. lol

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
You stumped me! 😄

So in the middle of combat, the druid enters the beholder’s dreams and woos, weds, and ‘beds’ it? Man that is one form of action economy!

Since Beholders are rumored to be notoriously xenophobic, it might just reject the daughter, and the druid co-parent as being repugnant.

The OP’s scenario is insanely imaginative....even if it turns out to be a Trolling Post.
Druid started wooing the Beholder, meanwhile the bard (who thinks stink cloud is a leathal spell?) was trying to kill it (very unsuccessfully).

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
You stumped me! 😄

The OP’s scenario is insanely imaginative....even if it turns out to be a Trolling Post.
They were in the Feywild and time wasn't working quite right (one of them had angered an archfey, and another had just broken a cursed object of a time deity).

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
Have a cult come kidnap the girl because the is the prophesied reincarnation of a evil goddess. The Character can't help her, he must destroy her, she is an evil goddess. lol
The character has no problem with evil things, they had tea with a demon and a devil as they brokered a deal with both that benefited all three parties involved and as this post states they have married a beholder, so...... I don't think 'evil will bother them all that much. Knowing both the player and their character they would probably just be like, "ok need any help taking over the world or destroying it? Anything for my darling daughter."

Coroc

Hero
well beauty is in the EYE of the BEHOLDER.
well at least it wasn't the bard this time.
OK. just do a human with a beholder head and use beholder zombie stats since going to be a npc.

OMG guys I am sitting at work I cannot get a fit of laughter atm :p

Coroc

Hero
They were in the Feywild and time wasn't working quite right (one of them had angered an archfey, and another had just broken a cursed object of a time deity).

Yea a good love needs time to develop, consider well ,you might find something better.... :p

And never anger archfeys, they know shitloads of nasty pranks, that's not your harmless fairy dragon and pixie nonsense..

Remove ads