• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One off adventure Help!

Tellerve

My birthday is coming up and some old friends that I don't see too often but used to play with are going to be in town. I want to run a one-shot adventure with them, 4-6 or so hours hopefully and do it in 4th edition.

I plan on making up the characters myself with the character generator and making it sorta like a Con in that I just hand out characters to the people.

However, I don't know what I want to run. I have some ideas, but I wanted to open it up here to see if anyone has an idea of an adventure that might fit well.

Any suggestions? Level doesn't really matter, so basically anything 1-30th.

thanks in advance,

Tellerve

I would say it depends on how well your buddies know the rules. Will this be thier first time playing 4E? If the answer is yes, then I would suggest very low level, no higher than 3rd. Keeping up with so many power options for a first session might bog things down and if you only get one session then the less time spent on learning the rules the better.

Roger

First Post
Just speaking for myself, but that's a bit too wide-open for me to suggest anything helpful.

Cheers,
Roger

Tellerve

Half are current players in my group. The extra players are the old friends who are veterans that know a little bit of the 4th rules, but have played 3rd and such and I don't foresee it being too technically challenging for them.

Roger- Umm, well, maybe you could have asked a question to help narrow it down for yourself then instead of just replying to say you can't help?

Thanks

Tellerve

Rel

Liquid Awesome
maddman75 (who is Yackman over at CM - don't ask) has a pretty cool low level adventure that is discussed here:

Circvs Maximvs

It's got some tough encounters in it but with a tweak or two I think it'd be just right.

Remove ads