• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One PC Swords and Wizardry or Old D&D

edveal

Explorer
Anybody out there know off the top of there head any good one player old mods. Before I go digging through all my old stuff I seem to recall that there were some mods released that were set for one player.

I am going to introduce my 15 yr. old to the way the game was when I was his age.

Thanks!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Something like these?

1 On 1 Adventures - Expeditious Retreat Press

The first 11 are 3E (including the compendium) and from 12 onward are PF, but it might prove easier to convert adventures written for one on one play from one system to another than to convert multiple character adventures to one character adventures even in the same system. I could be mistaken.

But check here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons_modules

- and search by "solo" to find some from the early/mid-Eighties.

Judges Guild produced a "solitaire dungeon" called Survival of the Fittest that might serve you in the same capacity.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
I remain very fond of the d20 solo thief modules Joining the Watchers and Periapt of Famidon, from Wyvern's Claw Design @ RPGNow.com - Wyvern's Claw Design - The leading source for indie RPGs

They're readily adaptable back to AD&D. If you're looking for AD&D solo modules that you don't have to convert, look no further than Bill Silvey's two solo modules @ Adventure Modules
One is for a single thief PC, the other for a single fighter PC, and all of Bill's modules are excellent (and free!).

Stormonu

Legend
There's also Knight of the Living Dead (really good) and Faerie Mound of Dragonkind (eh, okay). I believe they use a modified version of AD&D though.

There was also the M1 - Blizzard Pass and MSOLO2 - Riddling Maze of the Minotaur for BECMI.

<Edit> For 2E there was also the "challenge" series - Thief's Challenge, Fighter's Challenge, Cleric's Challenge and Wizard's Challenge (I and II for each). However, you need a DM for these modules.

Personally, I always liked the old Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books - Dungeon of Dread and Revenge of the Rainbow Dragons being the two I remember having. Then, there's always the Lone Wolf books - I never played them but I heard they're really good and they are available again through Mongoose Publishing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads