• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

tglassy

Adventurer
Badger's eyes went wild, "My essence? Who's captured my essence? How did they do it without my knowledge? Was it Curtis? I hate Curtis. He's always butting in to other people's business!"

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Standing in a semi-circle around the sleeping shepard, the group gets a better look at the ... hobgoblin?

Hassan nudges the creature with a boot, and it sits up looking around blurry eyed.

Gurt.jpg "Wha-? What's going on?" he asks his eyes adjusting to the scene, before going wide. "Who are you? What do you want? Touch one of Blogg's sheep and you'll be dead before the sun goes down."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Not yet," Snorri whispers, wanting the hobgoblin to know that the danger is not gone.

"You be the shepherd of the ogre's sheep? Should be letting it know you be sleepin' on duty, eh?"

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"A hobgoblin shepherd? Aren't all hobgoblins supposed to be fierce,disciplined warriors?" says Leilara quizzically, not quite noticing the hobgoblin can hear her.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady eyed the sleeping figure under the tree and the sheep grazing on the nearly barren land. “Pretty nice set up this ogre has going,” she murmured. “He shouldn’t have gotten greedy.”

The others started to approach the sleeping shepherd, so Milady followed. She wasn’t sure who she should keep an eye on more, the shepherd or the crazy pyromaniac wizard.

The shepherd turned out to be a hobgobln.

“We’re not interested in sheep,” Milady said. “We’re interested in the townsfolk the ogre carried off. They have loved ones that wish them safely returned home. We hope to do so peacefully. If not…?” She gave a shrug of her delicate shoulders.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
The hobgoblin starts to look pale as the situation dawns on him. Then Leilara speaks and his brow farrows,

Gurt.jpg "I could be, I just didn't like all the stupid drilling and exercising. I got it good here, nobody telling me what to do... sept Blogg."

Still sitting as the group looms over him he points down to the base of the hill, behind the skull. "You wannae save those town folk, you can get into the cave unnoticed there. But I would be in and out before Blogg notices you."

tglassy

Adventurer
Badger looked at one of the sheep. "You're supposed to watch the sheep, huh? I suppose it would be a shame if one of them, I don't know" he points his rod at the ground a few feet away from the sheep, which erupted into flames for a moment before disappearing, "got burnt to a crisp while you were watching them. It probably wouldn't go over well.

"Is anyone else hungry for Lamb chops? I'm not a fan, myself. Too much wool. But I hear some people like it."

He looks down at the hobgoblin. "If we were to go wandering around on our own, it might take too long, and we might start to get hungry. I do so like roasting things, after all. If someone wanted us gone, so they could live their easy life, then I imagine they would do everything they could to help expedite our departure."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads