• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Convention - FG Con IV. May 8th - 11th 2014.

Trenloe

Explorer
In less than 2 weeks FG Con IV will take place! This is a global online convention using the Fantasy Grounds VTT (Virtual Table Top).
  • 100 hrs of gaming
  • Games being played with: Pathfinder, Castles & Crusades , Dungeons & Dragons, Basic Role Playing, Star Wars, Fate, Gumshoe, Champions, Extinction Event Alpha and Savage Worlds!
  • Dates: May 8th – 11th 2014
  • All sessions are free – no license required – totally free to play
  • Free Introductory sessions being run on Thursday and Friday

For more info please visit the FG Con website: fg-con <dot> com

(sorry, the website won't let me include a link until I've posted a few times).

damned

Explorer
over 40 sessions running (44 at last count)
over 200 play spots (244 at last count)
10 rulesets being played
games running at all hours of the day and night
no license required, no cost to play

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Considering I'm half blind again and it's lots of work to get all the adventure info into FG2 - for me, anyway, I can't even read the FG2 forum since months - it is a bit late. I'll see if there is any space left and some time for me to organize it. In any case, I am trying to register for 6 or so games this year in the hopes they all run. :D

Still no really useful adaptions for modern or future d20 versions, it seems.

damned

Explorer
Considering I'm half blind again and it's lots of work to get all the adventure info into FG2 - for me, anyway, I can't even read the FG2 forum since months - it is a bit late. I'll see if there is any space left and some time for me to organize it. In any case, I am trying to register for 6 or so games this year in the hopes they all run. :D

Still no really useful adaptions for modern or future d20 versions, it seems.

Hey Grimtina!
I see you are signed up for Fizbans Kakunodate games - they look interesting.
Sorry to hear about your sight problems - did the cats maul you? :)

Ardem is running a gritty realistic Extinction Event Alpha game - its his own ruleset - that might fit what you are looking for in a modern setting?
Trapped in a downtown office block, it is not the place to be for the ending of the world. Bad arse Aliens have landed and this town is ground zero. You and your companions need to get to the military choppers. These choppers are taking survivors out of the combat zone, either before the Aliens overrun the town or the skyboys drop the bomb.”

Will you survive this gritty experience, where a wrong turn or a wrong decision will cost you your life or the life of your companion.

Extinction Event is a new ruleset, which displays the creative power of Fantasy Grounds, with some technical knowledge and a bit of tenacity, Fantasy Grounds can allow you to create and run your own ruleset.

Extinction Event gets gritty and a little dirty, you are not the hero of the story or the all powerful OZ, you are a normal modern day human trying to survive an unnatural event, sometimes even a little weird.

There is likely to be some new rulesets appearing closer to end of year as some new tools become available. Hopefully in time for FG Con 5!

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Hah, I just hope someone else signs up so we get the minimum player numbers. :cool: I haven't played in an oriental setting in a while.

Extinction Event Alpha isn't quite what I need. I'd consider modifying stuff on my own but with my vision issues I have trouble finding my way around with FG2 at all lol Or any other program, really.

I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow and if there are any other slots than Thursday my mornings (which I'll probably fill with Pathfinder or something because those games fill up more easily).

And no, the cats are innocent, some annoying syndrome causing chronic tearduct inflammations.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Yeah I know, it's been broken since the forum switch, lazy me never got to fix it, but I first need to actually update the story hours to begin with... always a problem when you haven't taken the notes yourself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads