• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online dice roller?

wittyallusion

First Post
My game is moving into scattered mode as several of my players will be going abroad. Since none of the online game tables I've found are working for me (OpenRPG, gametable, MapTools all seem to hate me), I'm using an online whiteboard, which is actually a neat, low-fi alternative. What i need is a dice roller that can be used by multiple people, though. so we can see each others' results instantly. I'm sure something like this exists out there but I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone help?

Thanee

First Post
While invisiblecastle is not exactly what you are looking for, it should get the job done. :)

I think there is also an option to roll dice in IRC, which could be closer to what you seek.

Bye
Thanee

Redrobes

First Post
If your all on windows (2k, XP thru to Vista) then you can try my dice roller. Its a self contained app where you all join up and log in - i.e. not web page based. It shows 3D dice rolling, does macros, does the expression parsing like (3d6+8)*2+1d4 and shares dice rolls instantly. Has options to hide dice from certain users, different dice styles and colors. Does d3, d7, d214 etc as well and can roll up to 21 dice in 3D or 1000 dice and get you the answer.

Oh and its completely free.

Free ViewingDale Dice App

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
If your all on windows (2k, XP thru to Vista) then you can try my dice roller. Its a self contained app where you all join up and log in - i.e. not web page based. It shows 3D dice rolling, does macros, does the expression parsing like (3d6+8)*2+1d4 and shares dice rolls instantly. Has options to hide dice from certain users, different dice styles and colors. Does d3, d7, d214 etc as well and can roll up to 21 dice in 3D or 1000 dice and get you the answer.

Oh and its completely free.

Free ViewingDale Dice App

Sounds exactly what a was looking for, but the link doesn't work :(

tdewitt274

First Post
Here is a die roller that I made some time ago. While it doesn't store the die rolls, it does have a bit of functionality.
  • Total Results = shows results and a total
  • Drop Lowest = Rolls the desired number, but drops the lowest (ex, 4d6, drop lowest)
  • Wild Die Explode = From the Star Wars RPG, if the last die is a 6, it rolls until the die is no longer a 6.
  • Hero System = Stun and Body Damage per the Hero System rules.
Designate the number of dice, add a modifier if needed, and click on the die that you want to use.

Edit: Updated to handle multiple rolls of the dice indicated (ex, 6 x 4d6 + 2)

Last edited:

Udo

First Post
This one is an Online Dice Roller I made some time ago and it's still being updated. Its one redeeming feature is that you can freely use any dice code imaginable by just entering it. So, things like D6+4+2D20 can be done easily.

It has support for several rule systems (additional suggestions always welcome) and I've just started work on a user customization feature. We also have a "Dice Room", which is kinda like a very awful chat room for dice rolling in a group. What do you guys think? Any feedback is welcome :)

Remove ads