• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Only SIX d20/OGL books on island scenario

solomoncane

First Post
It's the end of the year again and time to re-assess what I am actually playing or want to play in the near future. To help evaluate and purge the current game shelf, I often turn to the "cast away" scenario. You are about to be indefinitely stranded on a remote island with gamer pals. Assuming you have dice, pens, paper, miniatures (if that's your thing), survival gear, & provisions, what 6 and only 6 d20/OGL books would you grab?

My current choices (subject to constant strain from GADD -- Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder):

1 Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Ed.
2 Traveller T20
3 Iron Heroes
4 Iron Heroes Bestiary
5 Spycraft 2.0 (1st printing to be replaced by 2nd printing in 2007)
6 Star Wars RCR (to be replaced by Saga edition in 2007)

I also like a lot of indie stuff and old-school stuff, but I'm spotlighting d20/OGL stuff at the moment.
What are your current choices?

Grymar

Explorer
1. d20srd (kind of cheating, but it gets me three books for one!)
2. PHB2
3. DMG2
4. Eberron Campaign Setting
5. Sharn: City of Towers
6. Spell Compendium

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Hmm. Saying the d20 SRD is cheating, but it's hard to come up with a list of only 6 otherwise...

1) d20 SRD. (I never liked mind flayers, anyway!)
2) Unearthed Arcana.
3) Arcana Evolved
4) Iron Heroes
5) Traveller d20
6) FR Campaign Setting book

If someone else is going to be there with me, I'll have them bring the 4 Complete books. ;)

Psion

Adventurer
  1. Printed & Bound d20 SRD. ;)
  2. Traveller T20
  3. Ptolus (not my favorite setting, but on a per-book basis, it delivers. ;) )
  4. Spycraft 2.0 (1st printing to be replaced by 2nd printing in 2007)
  5. Toolbox - I could keep a fantasy campaign rolling with this book for a long time.
  6. Shackled City.

The question would be very different if you replaced "book" with "product" (Rappan Athuk Reloaded and Wilderlands might be up there...)

solomoncane

First Post
Psion said:
  1. Printed & Bound d20 SRD. ;)
  2. Traveller T20
  3. Ptolus (not my favorite setting, but on a per-book basis, it delivers. ;) )
  4. Spycraft 2.0 (1st printing to be replaced by 2nd printing in 2007)
  5. Toolbox - I could keep a fantasy campaign rolling with this book for a long time.
  6. Shackled City.

The question would be very different if you replaced "book" with "product" (Rappan Athuk Reloaded and Wilderlands might be up there...)

OK, I was trying to be realistic for the sake of my own shelf-clearing.
To be a little more fanciful, I'd lean towards:

1 Printed & Bound d20 SRD
2 Ptolus
3 WLD
4 M&M2e
5 Traveller T20
6 Spycraft 2.0

In a pinch, I could use all of the paper for kindling or TP & run Risus or Wushu from memory. :lol:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Only 6!

trink14.gif

Let me see (Sheesh, I have so many, I could sink a pontoon boat with all the books I have.) :uhoh::

CMG SRD 3.5 Revised printed and in one 6 inch thick binder
Ptolus
Kalamar Player's Guide
Arcana Evolved
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
A Game Of Thrones DLE

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads