• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: [4CtF]The Chaos Wars

Mitchifer

First Post
OK...after some technical difficulties, I've got my character up finally. Check him out to make sure I did the powers correctly.

Also, what cities are available for me to be from? I was thinking one of the free cities of Ghin, but I'm not quite sure what a good origin would be to begin the game in, if that makes sense. Thanks

Caliber

Explorer
Your character can come from pretty much any of the areas I've described already. I've tried to give an idea of what races live where in my descriptions, but there are exceptions everywhere.

I left the Free Cities of Ghin vague for dual reasons. First, there are quite a number of them (roughly 15 ~ 20) and detailing each and every one would require quite a bit of effort for little gain (so you know all about the city of Tulen ... it doesn't help much if you don't go there ...)

Secondly, I figured if you wanted to make up a city and say your character comes from there, then hey! you just helped me out! :) Of course if your city is inappropriate (the city's name is Gor and everyone wears leather. Slavery is common) I'd tell you it wasn't a valid choice. If you really feel the need to choose a city with me, email me (and by the way, this goes for everyone. If you want to send me a private message or something, I don't mind emails.)

I'll try to look into your stats tomorrow, and then hopefully I can get the first post up soon. Until I okay your character, that 6th spot is still open.

Storminator

First Post
Looking forward to starting!

We have an neat mix of characters. Looks like we'll be a bit light on spellcasting, so hopefully super powers can make up for that!

And I'm already seeing some interesting angles between characters.

PS

Caliber

Explorer
Mitchifer, Projectile Attack only has a Base Rank of 1, meaning you still have 1 HrP unspent. You can improve the range by 20' or add a 5' burst to your attack, or instead use teh 1 HrP on something else.

Otherwise the character looks excellent and as soon as you finalize that last point, we'll start.

I'm looking forward to it too, Storminator. Quite a cast of characters we have here.

Corinthi

First Post
I know I'm trying to scrape in at the last moment, but I'd like to submit Pip for review, if you'll have him.

He's a Cleric of Yondalla (Healing, yay!), who just happens to be a mighty tough little guy.

I first designed him with a Small Sized Greatsword and a chain shirt, but when I noticed we'd start without any gear, I modified the submission to be sans gear.

Caliber

Explorer
Well, I said I'd leave that last spot open until Mitchifer had his character finalized, and he does have 1 HrP left unspent ... so I guess that means you made it! Which, honestly, is pretty good I guess since the party lost their first healer (Tabbycatt)

Your character looks pretty good, although there is a typo in your math for the Mighty Lifting power. You have the enhancements listed as costing 4 HrPs ... which is 3 too many. For a second I couldn't figure out what you were doing. :p

Secondly, your character doesn't have any powers in his past, having gained them just as the game starts. You'll instinctively know how to use them, but they're still new to you.

Since we have 6 now, I'm going to go ahead and make the game thread later today. Mitchifer still has to spend that point, but I figure one HrP can't make THAT much of a problem.

As soon as the first post is up, I'll link it here.

Caliber

Explorer
The first post is up here http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1282265#post1282265 ... feel free to post away! :)

Most of my posts will follow a similar format, with a narrative piece on top and then an OOC bit at the bottom, giving you the game effects of whatever is going down. I'm willing to change though, so any opinions/suggestions/questions are welcome.

By default, no one knows anyone else, but if you instead want your character to know some (or all) of the others, thats fine by me.

Mitchifer, feel free to edit your character with how you're using that 1 HrP whenever you get around to it. Until then, I'll just consider it stored for later use.

Caliber

Explorer
Response Time?

I think I've been somewhat remiss in setting this game up, because I think I left something out.

What do you guys feel is an appropriate response time, or turn length? How long should I wait before replying to someone's actions with the results?

The problem I'm beginning to see is that some of you are more active than others, and while they're zipping around doing LOTS of stuff, others have barely posted once or twice.

Should I wait longer between responses? Should I continue posting as rapidly as I am?

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post to the IC thread, and if you could I'd like some thoughts on this, cause I've been pondering it and I'm stumped. :D

Corinthi

First Post
Caliber said:
What do you guys feel is an appropriate response time, or turn length? How long should I wait before replying to someone's actions with the results?

The problem I'm beginning to see is that some of you are more active than others, and while they're zipping around doing LOTS of stuff, others have barely posted once or twice.

Should I wait longer between responses? Should I continue posting as rapidly as I am?

I was actually wondering about that myself. I can usually post on a nightly basis, and while I wanted to give an impression of Pip being speedy and hyperactive, I didn't want to leave other people behind. That's why I hadn't posted in response to Caliber's description of the hall. We've got some other interesting characters that I'd like to see in action and don't want anyone to feel that I'm not interested in what they have to post.

I'd like a game that progressed at a brisk pace, but if people can't handle that, I'll be satisfied with what I can get.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads