• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

That's a kind offer, [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]. I didn't even think to offer up some of Dent's gear. Just checked his sheet, he's got a longbow and arrows on his person that Ari can borrow, if a longbow's your preference.

Creamsteak

Explorer
So progress today was non-existent. That's fine. It seems like we got cornered into Damien's decisions on how to react to events around him that other characters can't easily observe. I'm a big fan of PbP as a medium. It's very different, but it suffers for some things like this. We are still doing very well as a pbp group. We've easily kept pace with a lot of real-life games within a reasonable constraint.

Anyone is welcome to give me feedback on their experience so-far. I started this game as a 5e novice, and I'm now at least... I would think... intermediate at understanding the game.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I'm having a great time, and happy to be part of an active game: there've been over 2000 posts over 3 months, between the IC and the OOC threads. That's very impressive. I'm online a lot, and only two or three ties has it got out from under me (yesterday was one of those times!), but you've always been responsive.

Thanks! Honestly, a day or two a week or a fortnight without an update is fine -- this game moves at a clip!

I'm very much present and enjoying this game. I added job duties to my existing work in September, and at that time had a concern about maintaining my EN World presence, but have been doing very well (dropping games that had died or slowed to molasses in winter helped, as did blocking off chunks of work-only time throughout the say). Additional work duties come my way January 1, at which time I'm likely to add Wednesdays as a day I go dark. We'll see.

I'm enjoying our game here, enjoying Dent, and enjoying the little bit of social interaction in our OOC. Key for me is group composition. I want to spend the time I *do* have gaming with friends, so I appreciate that this is a group of laid back people with whom I could very probably be good friends in real life.

I'm looking forward to continuing. And thanks very much for running it.

I should also say that I'm going to largely be out of pocket today. I'll be here to post this evening, but until then I'd like you to please, [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], post for Dent if we get going on initiative rounds.

Dent will take a moment now before combat starts to activate the stone-whatever spell associated with his plate mail. Not sure if he can do that...he's out of spell slots. My read of the armor's ability was that Dent could activate the magic of his plate (a 4th level spell) even though he isn't of a sufficient level to cast said spell and is additionally out of spell slots until the next long rest. Without the armor's spell, Dent has AC 21. If he can't activate the spell, no worries, he'll just have to be a little bit careful because he's at 33/44 hp and we're about to face an ogre. I think.

After that, Dent will attack with the longsword. +6 to hit for 1d8+4 damage. His shove also goes at +6.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The plate's "spell slot" is separate from your character's. It's basically a 1/day stone skin, which is a concentration spell, so it can be interrupted by someone else's attack...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads