D&D 5E (OOC) Adventures in Middle Earth: Over the Edge of the Wild

GreenKarl

First Post
Probably Bromm but I have always been really interested in Half-Elves in Middle-Earth... do they chose the path of immortality or live as a human?

GreenKarl

First Post
Here was Bromm's sheet (still working on Thônor). Question, instead of a short bow or long bow with arrows can he have some hand axes?

Bromm, son of Brodin
Male Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain, Warrior 3rd level (Weapon Master)
Shadow Weakness: Lure of Power

STR: 16 (+3), DEX: 10 (+0), CON: 16 (+3), INT: 14 (+2), WIS: 10 (+0), CHA: 10 (+0)

Armor Class: 16 (heavy mail) or 18 (heavy mail and shield)
Speed: 25 feet
Weapons: Mattock (attack +5, damage 2d6+3 piercing, heavy, tow-handed)
Hand Axe (attack +5, damage 1d6+3 slashing, light, thrown (20/60))

Hit Points: 31 (10+2d10 +9)
Hit Dice: 3d10

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Armour: all armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Saving Throws: Strength (+5), Constitution (+5)
Skills: Athletics (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidate (+2), Traditions (+4)
Tools: Woodcarving (+4)
Passive Perception 10

Warrior Features
Great Weapon Fighting: When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack you make with a melee weapon that you are wielding with two hands, you can re-roll the die and must use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or a 2. This weapon must be a two-handed weapon or have the Versatile weapon quality.
Second Wind: You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10+3. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
Action Surge: You can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Alternatively, if you spend Inspiration, you may give your Action Surge to a nearby ally as a reaction. The ally must use the Action Surge immediately. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
Weapon Master: You have advantage while wielding a weapon with the Two-handed or Versatile traits if you are fighting against a creature your size or smaller.

Background ‘Doomed to Die’
Distinctive Quality - Grim. You no longer have time for the niceties of life; even when you do nothing, you have a threatening appearance.
Enemy-lore (Goblins of the Misty Mountains). Not only are you doomed to die, but you are sure by whose hands it will be. You won’t make it easy for them.
Hope: Though it shall end with my death, I shall push forward because I am the only one who can.
Despair: I know that when things are at their bleakest, I shall be standing alone.
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation
Feature: Dark Foreboding – While they know not the hour or manner of their death, those Doomed to Die often have a sixth sense of sorts when in the presence of Shadow. They may not know exactly what is behind this feeling, but they can sense its presence grow stronger or weaker. The Doomed to Die can usually tell, for example, whether an Orc band is an isolated raiding party or part of a larger force being driven by something more sinister, or whether a nearby ruin is steeped in Shadow.

Iron Hills Dwarf Traits
Speed: 25 feet
Night Vision (Dwarf): Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dim conditions. You can see in Dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, but you cannot see in the dark.
Dwarven Resistance: you have Advantages on saving throws against poisons and you have resistance against poison damage.
Tool Proficiency: Woodcarver’s tools
Stonecunning: Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) ability check related to the origin of stonework you are considered to have proficiency in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
Languages: speak, read and write in Dalish (older version of the Common Tongue or Barding), and can speak, read and write in the secret dwarf language.
Standard of Living: Rich

Equipment: Heavy mail, mattock, shield, 3 hand axes, a fur-lined travelling cloak, travelling gear for the current season, a bedroll, an ornamented walking stick, a backpack, comfortable boots, 60 silver pennies, woodcarver’s tools, a gold ring.

[sblock=BUILD]
STR - 14 (7) +2 hill dwarf
DEX - 10 (2)
CON - 14 (7) +2 dwarf
INT -14 (7)
WIS -10 (2)
CHA -10 (2)[/sblock]

[sblock=4th level Viture]When I get to 4th level ;)
Virtue: Broken Spells – “Spells of Prohibition and Exclusion”
This Runic inscription is usually placed on gates and on doors, to protect an area from unwanted visitors. You may carve these signs on a rock or on the bark of a tree within the perimeter of your camp, and their power will wake you at the first sign of danger. Carve the runes and go to sleep. You will immediately awaken if any threatening presence approaches within 30 feet of your camp.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
Digging Bromm, [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION], but I thought you do not receive a Virtue yet ..? Dwarves and Elves don't get them at 1st Level, they generally have to wait until 4th, yeah?

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
Yeah, you can have handaxes.

And yes, Dwarves and Elves don't start with Cultural Virtues, unfortunately.

I am considering a way to get more Virtues in there through leveling, though. I just have to figure out the best way to do it.

Also, everyone's 3rd level to start, so you all can just take the max for your silver penny roll.

Remove ads