• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Adventures in Middle Earth: Over the Edge of the Wild

Hope you're safe mate. Just a question for you when you can - or for anyone really - the Scholar states you get proficiency with a herbalism kit and either artisan tools or a pipe but never actually states that you receive any of these as part of your starting equipment...

So I have amended my character sheet to spend 10 of my 12 (sob!) precious silver pennies to purchase an herbalism kit and pipe-smoking supplies.

But...

Are we supposed to take it as read that scholars get a herbalism kit as standard (to keep all their herbs and poultices, plant clippers, salves/draughts, and bandages in)? Otherwise the Hands of a Healer ability to take 10 minutes to treat someone with herbs and poultices is a bit limited.

I'm also assuming that all of the groovy herbs (athelas, water lily, etc) are non-standard issue and need to be bought/foraged/stolen-and-shadow-points-be-damned.

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
Firstly, yes, just take the kits for free.

Second, and this is for everyone, you're 3rd level. Take the max silver penny roll your prosperity allows

And last, yeah, the special named herbs will need to be acquired as you play.

That all sound fair?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Glad you're ok!

Thank you - totally fair enough.

Most importantly, happy to see you haven't been swept away. Hope you aren't/won't be too badly affected.

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
We came out better than expected. Hurricane veered slightly away, so it was not disastrous in my area. I'm fortunate for that!

In any case, it's gone now. I'm going to try to get the RP thread started tomorrow! Stay tuned...

Remove ads