[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

jbear

First Post
Re: Retrospectively adding bonuses: Nah, prefer not to go down that road again. Just got too messy, and that is something I'd prefer to avoid.

Haven't seen the game thread yet but

1) [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] Absolutely yes to application of Infernal Wrath for Rain, I actually thought she might want to do that.

2) [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] Sweet as, no worries.

3) [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] No there is nothing like that which I know about but I did post an example mini stat block of one of my characters on pg 1 amongst the 'how to' section.

Going to check what has happened now :)

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
@Neil1889 and @Daeja - you guys should probably both pop minor actions on your turns to benefit from my Skald's Aura healing on your turns since there is no guarantee I could reach you on my turn to do it myself (I have to be adjacent). If you do so, spend a surge and gain a surge +1d6 additional hit points.

Also, I still have a floating +2 to hit that I can give out before the end of my next turn, and if I hit again, I will have a second one.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
So I didn't have time to read everyone's posts before I posted myself it seems I've attacked a dead creature, which isn't something I would have done had I known it was dead. That's not something that would have happened if we were sitting around a table with minis.

I really think I should be allowed to re-target that attack and not waste it on a nonsensical action.

This is precisely why I like using Google Docs to track the combat stats and the map. You don't have to sit there and try to run through the entire round since the last update.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] I can see your point. I hope you in kind can see mine.

I do expect you all to read each others post and follow what was going on. I play in plenty of other pbp games not run on google docs and it all works just fine. Neil1889 was pretty clear with his post that he had killed the slasher with his attack. Hard to miss.

And now retconning things will just make a mess. And that's not my fault, it's yours.

I'm taking your request under consideration. You only have 1 viable target other than the three you targeted, which is N2. I will see how much this will affect things and let you know my decision soon.

Edit: I will allow your third attack to target N2 instead of S1; The roll is high enough to hit even with cover taken into account due to the angle. However, as you know what the monsters are going to do etc I will dictate that the push goes in a straight line from Wat, ending when it hits the wall. This will minimise the changes caused by the retcon. I do not think it is fair that you should be allowed to position the creature after the fact to negate an attack. So the creature takes damage and is dazed. Everything else pretty much stands except the monsters position and that it did not waste one of its bolas. I hope you find that neither satisfactory nor unsatisfactory, as that will mean it feels somewhere around fair.

Please read fellow players posts before deciding on actions etc. I will give mid round updates when monsters are killed where I can.

Cheers
J

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
@Neil1889 and @Daeja - you guys should probably both pop minor actions on your turns to benefit from my Skald's Aura healing on your turns since there is no guarantee I could reach you on my turn to do it myself (I have to be adjacent). If you do so, spend a surge and gain a surge +1d6 additional hit points.

OK, I'd like to do that, but I think you have to spend a minor action to kick it off for us to use it on minor actions also.

Skald's Aura (Encounter Minor Personal ✦ Aura, Healing, Martial)

Effect: You activate an aura 5 that lasts until the end of the encounter. If the aura ends prematurely for any reason, you can reactivate it during the encounter as a minor action.
Twice per encounter but only once per turn, you or any ally in the aura can use a minor action to spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points. Alternatively, you or any ally can use a minor action to allow an adjacent ally to spend a healing surge and regain the additional hit points.

EDIT: Also, only one of us can use it this turn anyway. I'm leaving it for Zuri.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
True, only one of you can use it per turn, but you each have separate turns, and thus can each make use of it on your turns.

EDIT: I see that it's too late now, but just a good FYI for next time.

Also, I already cleared it with jbear that the aura is assumed to be 'always on'.

@Son of Meepo - It works like this - "Each time you hit an enemy with a basic attack, one of your allies in the aura gains a +2 power bonus to his or her next attack roll before the end of your next turn."

It doesn't specify how or when this must be determined, so use it if you need it.

I am waiting to act until Daeja has acted this round.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
@Son of Meepo - It works like this - "Each time you hit an enemy with a basic attack, one of your allies in the aura gains a +2 power bonus to his or her next attack roll before the end of your next turn."

It doesn't specify how or when this must be determined, so use it if you need it.

Hmm... I'd be interested to hear how jbear sees it.

The way I interpret that wording is that when you hit, choose an ally. That ally gets +2 to hit with the very next attack roll they make.

So you would have to choose the ally who benefits when you hit with your basic attack and it applies to their first roll only.

But if jbear wants to treat it as a floating bonus, I will use it.

Remove ads