[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Another thing to keep in mind is that Sabynha has Song of Rest - a class feature that says when allies spend surges during a short rest, they gain a bonus to each surge equal to her Cha mod (+4).

Also, she is at full surges, and could eat the surge tax if necessary.

As for "wishlisting" items, (referring to Neil1889's OOC post in the main game thread) I prefer to just allow the DM to sprinkle in whatever they want. If a magic dagger did come up as surplus, that would be swell, but I don't want to take away from Zuri's treasure, and it looks like we'll be competing for weapons.

Daeja

Explorer
No worries on the treasure front. I'm pretty easy going about these things and haven't got my heart set on anything in particular. :)

In the meantime, Zuri should really heal up, which will eat another of her surges. With the bonus 4, that'd be another 10 hp for 1 surge, so she'd be at full HP and 2/6 surges left. I'm happy to carry on with that, but the ritual *does* seem prudent.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
So now we're arguing about who cares *less* about the treasure. Haha, how typically Canadian of us ;)

Unless of course, the "Ontario" in your info refers to Ontario, California... in which case, I got nothin' :p

Daeja

Explorer
*grin* Pickering, Ontario, Canada.

I think I'm supposed to insert a suitably apologetic response here for arguing at all....

;)

Neil1889

First Post
Another thing to keep in mind is that Sabynha has Song of Rest - a class feature that says when allies spend surges during a short rest, they gain a bonus to each surge equal to her Cha mod (+4).

Also, she is at full surges, and could eat the surge tax if necessary.

As for "wishlisting" items, (referring to Neil1889's OOC post in the main game thread) I prefer to just allow the DM to sprinkle in whatever they want. If a magic dagger did come up as surplus, that would be swell, but I don't want to take away from Zuri's treasure, and it looks like we'll be competing for weapons.

Song of Rest will be sweet as Rain will jump back to full hits on a single resting Surge.

Incidentally, I think Zuri should be 7 Surges max. (6 plus Con bonus = 7 for her.)

Rain also carries daggers, but might not get the chance to hand them over in a fight. I can see a shiny knife being really useful for her (and us too!), though. :eek:

jbear

First Post
Okay, so I'm going to push on through soon. Let me know if you are going to perform the ritual to redistribute HSurges before seeing Lady Tamora or not.

I can always just include a description that you spend some time resting before your audience and you can mechanically alter Surge Values as needed afterwards.

As for magic stuff, I'm happy for people to request objects. I'm also happy to find one's I think will be useful for your PCs.

Treasure rewards might seem a little limited at the start. The Yakuza encounter was a bonus encounter, so not figured into Treasure distribution of adventure or XP or anything really. So the first encounter should have been this last one according to the adventure.

But that will change :)

Daeja

Explorer
Neil1889 - yes, it seems she *should* have 7 surges. I suspect the completely backwards way that I created her is responsible for this oversight.

Is there a procedure for me making the correction? (Do I need to clear it with a character reviewer?)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Just a heads-up; I am on the road for work for the next couple days, so my posting ability is going to be erratic or short and sweet at the best of times. Things should be straightened out by Friday after I return home.

Remove ads