[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

renau1g

First Post
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5Ges4plp4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Ralph Wiggum- They taste like burning[/ame]

renau1g

First Post
How about a teleport ritual gone awry? Perhaps the apprentice (remember we are low level) wizard's master was supposedly sending him somewhere else, but sensed the great potential power in her apprentice and took the opportunity to send him far away into the Stolen Lands so as not to be a threat. Powerful people have been preemptive about potential threats since before Laius ordered the execution of Oedipus.

That's an option, teleporting magic is notoriously dangerous in the Shifting Seas also.

renau1g

First Post
PS I've heard back from both FourMonos and JoeNotCharles and they're both in. So we'll have three new party members (the two newcomers + Ezmerelda's replacement PC) and the departure of Ruarc and Ezzy.

Shayuri

First Post
What characters are the two newcomers playing? Perhaps we can link backgrounds to some extent.

Oh wait, I see...Warden and Barbarian. But are they natives? From off-island? Perhaps I hired them as guides...

Shayuri

First Post
Here's some raw stats...still tinkering with background story.

[sblock=Arcata]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Arcata, level 2
Human, Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery: Staff of Defense
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Birth - Omen (+2 to Arcana)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 11.

AC: 21 Fort: 17 Reflex: 20 Will: 18
HP: 28 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +7, Arcana +13, Religion +11, Nature +7, Insight +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +3, Heal +2, History +6, Intimidate +1, Perception +2, Stealth +1, Streetwise +1, Thievery +1, Athletics

FEATS
Wizard: Ritual Caster
Human: Staff Expertise
Level 1: Unarmored Agility
Level 2: Improved Defenses

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Freezing Burst
Wizard at-will 1: Beguiling Strands
Wizard at-will 1: Phantasmal Assault
Wizard encounter 1: Grasping Shadows
Wizard daily 1: Arcane Whirlwind
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Flaming Sphere
Wizard utility 2: Shield
Wizard utility 2 Spellbook: Memory to Mist

ITEMS
Spellbook, Defensive Staff +1, Magic Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Brooch of Shielding +1
RITUALS
Unseen Servant, Make Whole, Create Campsite[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Hello! Can't wait to start playing with you.

So as someone who's going to be joining halfway through, what background should I read? My character won't know most of the details of what's happened already, so I don't think I should read the entire thread, but I would want the basic background (like where you all are, I think).

The obvious way to have Ironheart join you is to have him stumble into the Feywild again, and then stumble out somewhere else. But that's a bit generic, hopefully we can come up with something more tailored to the group.

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

Faustus is growing impatient.

"Arrrrrrrrrr, I'm growing impatient with this dawdling!"

OOC: :D Faustus tends to be a bit of a sorehead. Just a bit.

Remove ads