• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Halfling Quest - [Calling EvilHalfling]

Slippshade

First Post
Notice:

In two weeks time, I will be moving our of California to Oregon. I will not be posting often if at all for about a month as my family gets everything ready to move and gets adjusted to our new area. I will be back to posting as soon as possible after that.

Slip

Ferrix

Explorer
I'm a little leery at the fact that people aren't posting in the IC thread much at the moment. Please do your best to put up a post as often as possible, my summer days are pretty free so I can put up posts often, however I prefer to be told concrete actions rather than just assume what you are going to do from planning dialogue.

Save the times when the board was wonky (all of last week it seemed), I'll try to increase my posting rate if players are still interested.

Also, an interesting thought that I got from Deuce Traveler's game is a Combat Preferences part of character sheets. So if combat happens and you are not posting due to being unavailable, I can take your preferred course of action.

Here's an example from my Kobold rogue from DT's game.
Combat Preferences
Rix prefers to avoid melee combat at almost all costs. If anything he'll resort to using his longspear from behind a meatshield (ally). If he gets closed on, he'll Withdraw (35 ft. speed) or Tumble away. He will try to work anything to a tactical advantage (cover, concealment, high ground, rough ground, etc.). If he can he'll attempt to maximize sneak attack potential (hit-and-run hide tactics with his crossbow preferrably, although flanking with his longspear works too). He always focuses his attacks on important figures letting his companions deal with lackeys (spellcasters are often his primary target). He uses his small size to his advantage, he is only 2 ft. tall basically so will hide under tables, chairs or get up on the top of dressers, beams, etc. He likes putting something between him and his enemy that keeps his enemy from getting to him, whether that's companions, rough ground, a wall, climbing whatever.

Combat preferences emphasize the characters normal choices and thoughts in battle, Rix for example looks out for himself first and foremost, willing to put his companions lives before his own. He is also brilliant (18 Int) and puts that to good use in his tactical planning.

If you could all write something up like that for your characters I'd really appreciate it as we're about to dive into a very dangerous section of the adventure. This section should end soon depending upon how things go.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jerran would rather talk than fight, given the opportunity, he will lie, cheat, beg or negotiate his way out of conflict. This is partly his personality, and partly due to the fact that he is worthless in a fight. Failing that, running away seems good, but he won't leave his friends.

In unavoidable conflict he will throw daggers if his foes are a) close enough to be hittable and b) not so close as to be in melee. He will support his comrades, with his bardic abilities if the threat seems great enough, and with his presence, providing flanking bonuses etc. He is also a bit unwise, and will probably do something stupid if it looks like Bubbles or Kiylea is in trouble.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Ringly will try to stay out of everyone's way in combat encounters and most social encounters--he knows those aren't his strong points. If someone wants to try talking their way out of a situation, that's fine as long as he doesn't have to do any of the talking.

Though, assuming there is going to be a fight, Ringly will use his sling as long as he thinks he has a decent chance of hitting. He'll try to Daze humanoids and Color Spray when he needs to, but he knows his bag of combat tricks are somewhat limited. If melee combat is imminent, he'll Shield himself and try to stay away from whatever might be hitting him. He reserves Ghost Sound for situations where he can distract enemies--hopefully to lead them away from the party.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Ferrix said:
I'm a little leery at the fact that people aren't posting in the IC thread much at the moment. Please do your best to put up a post as often as possible, my summer days are pretty free so I can put up posts often, however I prefer to be told concrete actions rather than just assume what you are going to do from planning dialogue.
I didn't know if I should post a 'me too' post--seemed kind of moot.

But, then I got the idea to use my skill, so it's all good. ;)

Boddynock

First Post
Alton is an upfront fighter. He will seek to protect his comrades where possible but is learning to let them fight their own fights, too. He is not foolhardy but is passionate about defeating evil and protecting the innocent. He fights tactically, taking full advantage of manoeuvres which allow him flanking bonuses, and trying to avoid attacks of opportunity (although he will suck them up if it means getting to a friend in trouble quickly).

Alton is happy to negotiate if possible - but is alert to the dangers of being here - and the risk to his friends and himself. He would rather subdue an unknown opponent and apologize afterwards if necessary than risk a colleague going down the way Kiylea did.

He will continually scan for evil - a la Ferrix's house rule. He is a better melee fighter than ranged combatant. He knows he's slow, so he tries to be where he can launch into the fray at a moment's notice.

Slippshade

First Post
Bubbles goes in swinging (Charge). While it may come off as reactionary and dangerous sometimes, it is really because she knows she is the best fighter. She would rather have more than one opponent's attention in battle so that her less experienced friends are out of danger.

She will flank when possible if it does not leave her friends open for attack.

Slippshade

First Post
Notice

Alright guys, I am going to be gone from the boards from now till around August 14th do to my move and new job. Talk to ya in about a month!

Remove ads