[OOC] The First Age of Man

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Still here...should have my character done tonight. As for my character's relationship with the tribe, I'm thinking that she is a shaman or a shaman's student, taken in by the tribe after her first mentor was revealed to be evil-bad-Ice-Queen. She gets ostracized for that association and her icy demeanor doesn't help anyone like her, but she has a gift for healing and other magics that makes her useful enough to keep around.

Piston Honda

First Post
Voda, at least a year would probably be good, mostly this helps for figuring out what happened with his old tribe should you encounter them.

MV, it would be likely for her to fall under the Priestess/Gyoja, who would aid her with helpful and divine-type magic. If she has retained any of the type of magic your former mistress taught, this would be best kept secret. The Gyoja may be aware, but would advise you to not practice for fear of the tribe turning against you.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm! I kind of want to redo Niraya's background a bit in that case, so we don't overstrain the 'we found someone and took them in' concept. Niraya can be a native of the village in this case; struggling to get along. It plays out very similarly to her earlier background except that she hasn't yet openly started using her magic yet, and hence is regarded with some superstition (for the weird stuff that is associated with her) but hasn't yet been forced to leave.

I figure she's left her parent's hearth, but her weirdness has meant that she hasn't yet been courted. So she's struggling along, trying to make a living with her animal handling skills while also trying to keep the peculiarities that surround her sufficiently quiet that the tribe doesn't turn against her.

So she still has the 'I have to prove myself' thing going...both for her own sake, because she wants more for herself than just training dogs and herding goats, as well as for the sake of ingratiating herself to the tribesfolk...to be so valuable to them that they will overlook the evil juju that comes bubbling out of her dreams.

Her magic consists entirely of summoning critters, who then do things for her. Even her normal spells take the form of 'summons' though that's purely a superficial effect. Mechanically they still function normally. :)

Piston Honda

First Post
Campaign wiki is up at Obsidian Portal!

This covers quite a bit of life in the immediate area, and gives some information on important NPC members of the tribe. Feel free to establish relationships to them, tying in family lines, however you wish to handle that.

Sorry about the background, vanilla OP only lets you pick a few options, and that was about as good as it got.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Preliminary background notes (will tidy up later when I do stats)...

Seerah was traded to the tribe from another tribe in exchange for a wife for Seerah's tribe's chieftain. Seerah's old tribe's chieftain had lost his wife when he was forced to exile her for practicing forbidden magics. She became the Ice Queen, but the chieftain kept that secret. Seerah has also kept the secret for she learned much of what she knows about magic from she who became the Ice Queen.

Seerah's value was seen in her healing magic and herbal knowledge. She thus spends much of her time with Rofna and Lif.

Seerah has many secrets, not just her association with the Ice Queen. She lied to Hjalmofir when she told him she was unable to bear children and thus would make a poor wife to any man in the tribe. In truth, she bears a secret love for Rofna, but has vowed to herself to never tell anyone, including Rofna herself. Seerah also admires the matriarchal tribes she has heard of and thinks Dyrfinna would be a far better tribal elder, though she keeps those thoughts to herself. Much of Seerah's magic is secret as well. She uses her healing abilities for the tribe, but does not speak about what she learned from the Ice Queen. Seerah has an intense curiosity about the forest pillar and the tower but, as with most things, she keeps those feelings secret.

Piston Honda

First Post
Thanks Voda, by the way, possible background suggestion.

[sblock=Voda Suggestion]
The rusted metal scimitar could be the evidence against you planted by the Gothi, Fafnarl. A couple of tribesman had recently disappeared on a fishing expedition; the blade was planted with the implications that you had sold them to the Orcs for a weapon to destroy the tribe, your past heresies certainly not helping your case against the priest who claimed you would be their undoing.[/sblock]

Looks nice so far MV, when you clean that up, make sure to give me an idea of how long Seerah has been with Hjalmofir's tribe. Mainly just to work out how familiar the tribe is with you and how much might have changed with your former tribe should you run across them.

Remove ads