• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] The Mythar Resistance [Calling All Players]

garyh

First Post
I like the "behind enemy lines" idea, and I think trying a gestalt character would be fun. I'm open to other ideas (VP/WP, psi, etc.) in addition to those.

I'd like to try a warforged, if you find a place for them in your homebrew. Otherwise, a Core Rules race is fine (and whatever fits in with the theme, too).

Ferrix

Explorer
So here's the gist I'm getting so far from you folks.

-Psionics as a good part of the game
-Traveling band of performers as a party theme
-Struggling against the tides of darkness and toil

My ideas in no particular order

-A world that has been invaded by a psionic race called the Mythar; the feel will be sort of Midnight-ish
-Races are Core PHB with some modifications
-Classes available will be most core PHB classes minus spell casters, the psionic classes minus soul knife from the XPH and the psychic rogue from the Minds Eye on the WotC website. Elves will be able to choose druid or spirit shaman, and I think they'll be the only casters at this point.
-Probably starting level 5, 33pnt buy if you want some numbers.
-You'll be able to purchase 3k worth of mundane equipment and then I'll award other equipment individually. I'd like to keep most of the stats on the sidelines so instead of posting your character in a rogues gallery you'll send me the stats and we'll go mostly on description etc. in the game. If you want an example check out the Tales around the Campfire game run by sparky.

Ashy

First Post
COOL! Ferrix, if you want, you can roll all my stats - I don't need 'em at all! :) Hurm - I am thinking a gnome, a gnome rogue/nomad. :)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Okay, I'm thinking of a rogue, with the Flick of the Wrist feat using daggers to fight. He could fit in with the circus performers in any number of ways, juggling, balancing acts, tumbling, all the dex based rogue skills.

Insight

Adventurer
I'd like to make a Jester type character, maybe a half-elf. That would be fun... and I could be crazy!!!! Hahahahaha

I don't own the new psi book, so I'd probably go straight bard.

EDIT: haha forgot about the SRD, so I have the basics on the psi powers and such. I might go straight bard or wilder/bard.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Ferrix said:
Ashy, might I say that you rock :)

Wha??? :p I'm still trying to think of a "circus angle", but I will get it - no need to fret. ;) Hurm - maybe a supreme acrobat type? Can you say "Escape Artist to da max?" ;) Look out Houdini! :D

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I would be all about doing a half-orc psychic warrior, going for the "strong man" part of the act. :)

Oh Ferrix, where should we send our characters?

Last edited:

Remove ads