• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for Warcraft D20 PbP - My life for the Horde... (Calling Verbatim)

Evil Ujio

First Post
Our OOC Thread... with links to stuff :)

The Rogue's Gallery

Against the Razormanes - Part 1

Important NPCs Introduced thus far!

Captain Horga

Captain Horga is a veteran of the wars, and although relatively young won this “post” for his service. He is a simple man with simple values and honors his wife and child in all he does. He is a large orc with one missing eye and a patch to cover the scarred remnants of his missing eye. He wears clean silver chain mail and often rides his dire wolf mount, Scorn into battle. The people of the village respect him and he has proven his worth many times in battle and as a leader.

Mirlus Fireborn

Born during the war, Mirlus is an orphan of the wars, and never knew his family. He had an affinity for the powers of the spirit though and was trained in the mastery of the spirits. He came to Korga’s Stand over two years ago as a wanderer and has since become the village healer and aide to Captain Horga. The two have become steady friends in the intervening years. Mirlus has defended the lands of Korga’s Stand many times and his powers to heal have made him very respected amongst the populace. Mirlus has a slim build for an orc and usually dresses in practical clothes of crimson and black, he is very conscious of what he wears and always tries to wear the most stylish of clothes, for an orc he is quite handsome and well groomed.

Lekah of the Darkspear Tribe

Lekah is a lean, beautiful troll woman; she is very confident in her looks and very confident in her abilities. She is playful, but also very insulting at times, and tends to see things in degrees of just how much she can get out of something. She is anything but altruistic, and does not go out of her way to help people. In her mind if you can’t help yourself, then you are weak and deserve whatever you get.

Currently she is a traveler from her adopted village, and she enjoys to travel and se where the wind takes her. She is fiercely independent and deals with people on her terms or not at all, but she has a softer side, when she chooses to reveal it, which is rare.

Lady Ravenheart

Placeholder Text

The Green Witch

Placeholder Text

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm interested. I've owned the books for a while now and have done nothing with them. I think Horde could be fun! Maybe a goblin inventor type for me, with some slick gadgets. Would that fit? Is it even in the books? :confused: I don't remember. Let me know.

Voadam

Legend
If knowledge of the setting/core book is not required I'd be interested.

I own the monster book for warcraft but not any of the other books and only played the first warcraft game. But playing a full orc is always pretty fun. Or any of the trolls from the monster book. I think there is a really low ECL one in there.

They do use some core classes right?

Evil Ujio

First Post
Voadam said:
If knowledge of the setting/core book is not required I'd be interested.

I own the monster book for warcraft but not any of the other books and only played the first warcraft game. But playing a full orc is always pretty fun. Or any of the trolls from the monster book. I think there is a really low ECL one in there.

They do use some core classes right?
Yes they use some core classes, and they have Jungle Trolls in the Alliance & Horde Companion, which I have. Knowledge is not needed but you may want to the core rule book to get the most effect out of the game...

Bobitron

Yes they have slick goblin inventors, just create a Tinkerer, and that would be apt for the game :)

Bobitron

Explorer
Evil Ujio said:
Bobitron

Yes they have slick goblin inventors, just create a Tinkerer, and that would be apt for the game :)

Cool! :) I'll get a basic premise up tomorrow, but right now it's between a goblin and one of those great trolls.

Bobitron

Explorer
After looking through the books (I have the Core book, Horde and Alliance, and Magic and Mayhem), I am settled on a goblin tinkerer. He worked as a mercenary, building and repairing technology for the Horde, but has gotten it in his mind to get out of the workshop and see what all those goblin merchants are always talking about.

Do you think we could start at third level or so? That way I can have enough money to get some technology. Or do you want to stick with 1st level? Should I use a standard 28 point buy from the DMG?

I can have a character up this weekend, if I hear from you. I hope enough people are interested. I'd be happy in a small group as well.

Bobitron

Explorer
Evil Ujio said:
standard starting level is 2, for Warcraft, but we may go as high as 4 not sure yet, let me cook up some ideas

Sounds good, I'll make him second now, but will have some good ideas ready if we go a bit higher. ;)

Voadam

Legend
Evil Ujio said:
Yes they use some core classes, and they have Jungle Trolls in the Alliance & Horde Companion, which I have. Knowledge is not needed but you may want to the core rule book to get the most effect out of the game...

Bobitron

It's not in the cards right now for me to buy and read the core book but playing an ignorant sod of a horde member sounds like a fun way to learn the setting through experience!

Which unmodified core classes are OK?

Bobitron

Explorer
Voadam said:
It's not in the cards right now for me to buy and read the core book but playing an ignorant sod of a horde member sounds like a fun way to learn the setting through experience!

Which unmodified core classes are OK?

Classes won't be hard. Bard, Cleric, Druid, Monk, Paladin, and Ranger do not exist.

Barbarian and Fighter both gain a new class skill, Knowledge (Military Tactics). Rogue gains Use Technological Device. Sorcerer and Wizard stay the same, but have a more limited spell list, with less access to Summoning and Necromancy.

The trickier part will be race, as each one other than human is special for Warcraft. Maybe we could help you out by email?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads