• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Sorry I dropped off there for a few days. Between kids' hockey and work I was just too busy (I had to drive 350 miles away and home again TWICE over the weekend. Reviewing where we are now and will update things shortly.

Uller

Adventurer
Actually, Uller, before the gnomes say anything--...

Yes...just to review, I don't see the 0 hp/Stable state as being knocked out but more akin to someone who is just so badly injured they simply can't perform strenuous actions, move, stand, cast spells, etc. Imagine any movie or book where a character is down but able to talk a bit ("Stay golden, Pony Boy"). So yes, you can talk to them. Having long, in-depth conversations might not work out but some talking is possible.

Ezraen's pre-fight 25 persuasion check convinced Topsy that you are friends. However, after experiencing what she has experienced, her only desire is to die. She has no faith in finding a cure any time soon. "It is like rats are devouring my soul." The thought of her brother going through it is too much for her and she begs and cries for you to kill them both. Turvy for his part just lays there, not moving, not making any noise and staring into nothingness.

You don't know what causes them to transform. All you know is they've been struggling with it for sometime. On the surface it is the moon. But in the underdark? You just don't know. You do know that they didn't transform back to gnomes until they were reduced to 0 hp.

Bertram is definitely not for healing them and is for tying them up. His reasoning: They're dangerous. They concealed their curse and put you all at risk. They can't be trusted. He'd rather cut them loose than take them back but then what if the drow get them? So he's willing to put up with taking them with you if you don't want to take the mercy kill route.

So...discuss your plans. Tell me what you want to do before you head back to the group.

SunGold

First Post
Ok. I'm going to go remove my last IC post. I'm not tying anyone up. If you guys want to, that's all you.

My thoughts are still: anything that's just been stabbed within an inch of its life needs to be either killed or healed ASAP. Still think we ought to heal just one of them for a couple hp and see what happens.

If after a few hp are recovered they don't turn into rats again, I'd rather heal them both here and take them back untied so we don't have to throw the party into chaos by telling everyone. If they walk back with us, untied, we can just say they got lost or something.

We could also talk to them a bit more about this once they're healed (if the test-heal goes ok). But if you guys start trying to question them while they're laying there at 0hp bleeding and begging for death (or start praying, or chatting, or otherwise dawdling)...Surana might just mercy kill them. She's a hunter; she believes in quick kills, and drawing out suffering would not be ok with her (unless it's Sarith's...).

DMAesh

Explorer
Ez would be willing to try Surana's plan, but he would ask Topsy if she would be willing to give him time to try to find a cure before we talk about ending it.

He would also ask if she knows whether she would revert back to her other form if he healed her.

Then if he got consent from her to try, he would make sure that Surana, Erevan, and Bertram were ready, then heal her 1 hp.

SunGold

First Post
Uller, when the fight ended, I had Topsy pinned. She changed shape, which I imagine might've broken the grapple, but at 0hp I assume she couldn't resist if I just shifted as necessary to maintain the hold. Can I hang onto her while Ez tries this?

Uller

Adventurer
She's completely helpless so hanging onto her while he heals her is no problem. If she transforms afterwards she'll have to make an escape attempt.

Uller

Adventurer
As you give Turvy the paste, a strange mist appears, flowing into the tunnels and envelopes you. The darkness of the cave begins to turn from black, to gray, and brightens to the dim light of morning. The mists recede and you find yourself standing on a muddy road flanked by ancient twisted trees. A village lies in the distance, faint smoke from early morning cooking fires indicate the village is waking. A sign on the road reads "Barovia"...

I joke...I joke...got Curse of Strahd earlier this week...gotta wrap up my Princes campaign....

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Hehehe... So glad I saw this was the OOC thread and not the IC. :p (Though if you were to run Curse of Strahd here, I'd happily join!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads