Oops... PCs too strong.

tensen

First Post
Talk abnout needs for plot derailment.

---
Hmm. how about forced alignment change..
which then causing him to deviate from his diety will cause him to lose granted spells.

If he doesn't follow some set gaeased by the diety to reclaim cleric status, just have the diety smite him. End of the story. Just don't use an avatar, if he can deal with a Tarrasque, and avatar might be too easy.

----
Use rust monster...
Use many enemies with sundering abilities.
aka, do what you can to destroy objects in his control.
---

drown him.

---
hit him with ranges sonic attacks (seems like the only thing you haven't but resistances against)

---
Trap him in a location and let him die of old age. :)

---

Okay, so my responces went to the absurd level!!!

Last edited:

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
Okay... here's what happened. I'll cut out all the descriptions or it'll take too long.

Characters:
Daleran Halfling Level 23 Cleric (Lil' bro)
Massa Elf Level 20 Ranger
Kord Half-Orc Level 19 Cleric
Markus Elf Level 19 Sorc

The Demise of Daleran the Invincible Cleric.
Mission: Enter an evil church to kill the heretical magic-user who is trying to subdue the entire nation.
DM(Me): You enter the church (Des church)
Daleran: Look around and look for the evil mage.
DM: He isn't there (duh)
Kord: I'm going to look up front by the altar.
Markus: I'm going to join him.
Massa: I'm going to stick with Daleran but look for any monsters that might be around.
DM: Front of altar is an obvious trap door.
Kord: Hey, there's a trap door.
All: Go down the door.
DM: There's a (Des Rust Monster) rushing at you.
Daleran: Divine Favor on Massa.
Kord: Divine Favor on Massa.
Massa: Shoot at Rust Monster
DM: Killed it... (DAMN DAMN DAMN!)
To cut thing short, the magic-user was a black dragon in disguise, I used the Draconic feat (Lingering Breath, Draconomicon) and ruled that if his weapons didn't succeed a saving throw of DC 19 (he asked me to tell him before he rolled so he didn't get cheated.) he failed, armor is gone. Blackie (the dragon) has his pet Shield Golem attack, Shield Golem has sunder... buh-bye to weapon... I killed him with the BLack Dragon... I forgot about the sunder ability.

THANKS GUYS!

DonTadow

First Post
LOL

DId I miss something or did you never mention that your players were epic level characters??? At those levels you're in the divine realm and probably should be using the epic handbook if you're not.

In any case glad it worked out... wierd

Fieari

Explorer
By the way, since you're at such high levels, I'd reccommend using the D20 NPC wiki as both a resource, and a repository of really high level NPCs you create. It can be time consuming to stat up Epic-level monsters, and if every time you do so, you put it there, and other people do likewise, you'll have a nice source for quite CR 20+ challenges.

IcyCool

First Post
Cartigan Mrryl said:
Massa: Shoot at Rust Monster
DM: Killed it... (DAMN DAMN DAMN!)
To cut thing short, the magic-user was a black dragon in disguise, I used the Draconic feat (Lingering Breath, Draconomicon) and ruled that if his weapons didn't succeed a saving throw of DC 19 (he asked me to tell him before he rolled so he didn't get cheated.) he failed, armor is gone. Blackie (the dragon) has his pet Shield Golem attack, Shield Golem has sunder... buh-bye to weapon... I killed him with the BLack Dragon... I forgot about the sunder ability.

THANKS GUYS!

You know, a single rust monster for this kind of group is hardly a challenge. I think a rust monster's challenge rating is what, 2? Which would mean that around 512 rust monsters would be appropriate for 20th level.

Also, dragon breath won't harm items unless the victim rolls a natural 1 on his/her save.

I think alot of your problems could be solved by reading through the first few chapters of the DMG a few times.

DonTadow

First Post
IcyCool said:
You know, a single rust monster for this kind of group is hardly a challenge. I think a rust monster's challenge rating is what, 2? Which would mean that around 512 rust monsters would be appropriate for 20th level.

Also, dragon breath won't harm items unless the victim rolls a natural 1 on his/her save.

I think alot of your problems could be solved by reading through the first few chapters of the DMG a few times.
More like read through a billion times.

Plus you really got to give more detail when you're asking for help. Everyone here, including myself, thought this player was at most 3rd or 4th level (you said in your original post his base attack was 5??? how is it 5 and his level is 20+). Thats why we suggested rust monsters. HOnestly those items are approriate for a 20th level character. I think your problem is that you're running an epic level campaign and possibly havn't read the dmg too much nor the epic level books that would give you monsters to challenge your players.

Ok now i'm joining the people who are super skeptical to begin with. This doesnt sound anywhere near right, correct, or sane. Else its some kid relishing his troll.

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
DonTadow said:
More like read through a billion times.

Plus you really got to give more detail when you're asking for help. Everyone here, including myself, thought this player was at most 3rd or 4th level (you said in your original post his base attack was 5??? how is it 5 and his level is 20+). Thats why we suggested rust monsters. HOnestly those items are approriate for a 20th level character. I think your problem is that you're running an epic level campaign and possibly havn't read the dmg too much nor the epic level books that would give you monsters to challenge your players.

Yeah, umm... about the DMG... I don't... errrr.... how to put this? I don't EXACTLY have one... yeah... I have the MM1, the Draconomicon, and the PHB... yeah... no DMG.
As for the whole +5 thing, the actual attack bonus of the weapon was +5, his Base Attack Bonus never came into play when I was explaining his weapons, I could post his character sheet, if you want (I'd actually kind of enjoy that.)

DonTadow said:
Else its some kid relishing his troll.
What does-----------------------------------^ That mean anyways?

Kristivas

First Post
Cartigan Mrryl said:
Characters:
Daleran Halfling Level 23 Cleric (Lil' bro)
Massa Elf Level 20 Ranger
Kord Half-Orc Level 19 Cleric
Markus Elf Level 19 Sorc

Have the characters retire and start a new game. They can live on as heroes of legend or somesuch.

Remove ads