• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oops!We're in the Elemental Chaos!(Up next:Everyone)

Annalist

First Post
Eiran silently studied the blistering scene before him as the raging battle quickly splintered into two distinct groups. Brudd, Devastation, and Sharm valiantly kept both the Goristro and Rockfire Dreadnought at bay, while Kozaar single-handedly drew the wrath of half a dozen elementals onto himself.

Wow, that guy is nuts, the Wizard conceded, mildly envious of the Dragonborn warrior's audacity. I bet he's trying to show off to the ladies. Eiran snuck a covert glance over at Senara to see if she looked impressed. Unfortunately, he couldn't tell if she was or not.

With a small shrug of his shoulders, he returned his attention back to the fight. Kozaar had gotten himself unhorsed and poor Feather was stuck next to him near all of the angry fire-creatures. It looked like a bad situation that could very easily get worse. Something had to be done, and fast.

Senara acted with near prescience and unleashed her winter's wrath.

D'oh! Beaten to the punch by a girl! The slightly slower Elementalist hastily conjured a pulsing blue-white ball of arcane energy that floated in the palm of his right hand. And as it began glowing painfully brighter, he extended his arm and pointed it in the direction of the clustered elementals. The small incandescent sphere immediately shot towards one of the Fire Archons in a brilliant blaze of light. And upon impact, it blossomed into an explosion of blinding power.

Eiran watched from where he stood, hoping that his prismatic burst would prove to be as effective as the Witch's earlier one.

[sblock=Round 2 Actions]Minor: Make funny faces at Goristro. :p
Move: None
Standard: Cast prismatic burst at P6.

Prismatic Burst
Encounter * Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action / Area burst 2 within 20 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: 3d6 + Intelligence modifier radiant damage, and the target is blinded until the end of your next turn.

Attack Rolls (lookup):
1d20+22 = 32 vs. Archon #1
1d20+22 = 24 vs. Archon #2
1d20+22 = 27 vs. Azer #1
1d20+22 = 38 vs. Azer #2
1d20+22 = 38 vs. Giant
1d20+22 = 29 vs. Hound #2

Damage Roll (lookup):
3d6+12 = 21

End of Turn: Bye bye shield spell. :.-([/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
First Sharm, then Brudd, twice, hit hard the Goristro, that cries maddened.
Eiran's spell once again blinds with its arcane light a few monsters.
The armed fire archon tries to get free from the ice, but can't do a thing.
The Rockfire Dreadnought steps closer to Devastation, but his fire washes over the Tiefling harmlessly. The Minotaur is lucky because the giant fist directed to him only hits the ground, raising rocks and dust in a burst, missing him.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the battlefield, an Azer moves close to Feather and swings his battleaxe at the beast, while yelling some order at his own puppy, the Hell Hound. The fiery edge manages to wound slightly the griffon despite its protection.
The other Azer turns around, blinded, and unable to act by himself, barks an order. Immediately, the Hell Hound growling at Feather bites, but can barely scratch the griffon's skin, while the azer tries to run from the cold, and moving himself manages to warm a little.
The Fire Giant is ever more furious and yells unhumanly loudly at his minions in primordial, then just gets away from the cold area.

View attachment 37860

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 1]
Sharm hits the Goristro and deals 40 dmg. He marks it and spends a healing surge. He also gains 5 temporary hp, which stack with the 5 he received for being hit by the Goristro.
ARGH!! Another prismatic Burst!! It hits:Archon, Azer 2,Giant, Hound 2.They're blind till the end of Eiran's next turn and take 31 radiant damage.
Brudd Takes 10 fire dmg from the Dreadnought aura. He Hits the Goristro with both attacks and deals a ****load of dmg=72.Sharm can spend another healing surge and till the end of Brudd's next turn any attack the Goristro makes against Sharm will deal no dmg.
All monsters in the Winter's Wrath area take either 7 or 12 cold dmg.Fire Archon 2fails both his saves.
The rockfire dreadnought shifts but Devastation resists all damage from its aura.It attacks Brudd, but misses.
The Azer takes cold dmg but hits Feather, dealing 15 dmg, 10 of which resisted.It fails its save.
The other Azer lets the hell hound attack feather, but it only inflicts 1 point of damage. The azer makes his save vs ongoing dmg though.
Kozaar's stealth is 30. The fire giant fails to perceive where he is.

NOTE:THE BLUE SQUARE MARKS THE AREA MADE INTO DIFFICULT TERRAIN BY THE ICE STORM
The Deep blue square marks the area of Winter's Wrath instead. The zone grants concealment and anyone starting its turn there takes 7 cold dmg.

-Fire Archon 1 -120 hp, Immobilized (save -2), ongoing cold 5(save), vulnerability cold 5(Kozaar's turn), BLIND(Eiran's turn) marked by Kozaar
-Devastation HP:131/131, HS:7/8, AP:1 SW:1 +7 defenses vs Goristro TENT, CA vs Goristro [sblock=expended]Hounding Strike, Dimming Blow[/sblock]
-Senara HP:79/108, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Prismatic Burst,Winter's Wrath[/sblock]
-Goristro -220 hp, Marked by Sharm
-Sharm HP:136/145+10t, HS:13/14, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Relentless Assailant[/sblock]
-Eiran HP:101/109, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Shield, Prismatic Burst, Ice Storm[/sblock]
-Brudd HP:92/131 HS:11/11, AP:0 SW:1, +1 AC and Ref TSNT [sblock=expended]Mantle of Glory, Boots of the fencing Master, Sentinel Strike, Strenghten the Faithful, Divine Fortune[/sblock]
-Fire Archon 2 -85 hp, Immobilized (save -2), Cold vulnerability 5(Kozaar's turn), Cold ongoing 5(save), marked by Kozaar
-Rockfire Dreadnought
-Azer 1 -151 hp, cold vulnerability 5(Kozaar's turn), ongoing cold 5(save), marked by Kozaar
-Azer 2 -146 hp, cold Vulnerability 5(Kozaar's turn), BLINDED(Eiran's turn),marked by Kozaar
-Fire Giant -71 hp,BLINDED(Eiran's turn) marked by Kozaar
-Kozaar HP:106/159, HS:15/15, AP:1 SW:1, ongoing fire 10 (save), Prone, [sblock=Expended]Dragon Breath, Come and Get it[/sblock]
-Feather HP:84/98, ongoing 10 fire dmg(save)x2, Prone
-Hell Hound 1 -102 hp, Cold vulerability 5(Kozaar's turn), marked by Kozaar
-Hell Hound 2 -47 hp, BLINDED(Eiran's turn), Immobile(save -2)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sharm, Minotaur Battlerager Fighter - Dreadnought Paragon Path

Giant fist?? That's aimed at Brudd, right? :D (We have two minotaurs. :D)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Burning and on the ground, Kozaar sinks his axe into the ice to steady himself, pulling himself to his feet. "Nice work, wizards. My turn," he growls, charging under Feather's wing, past the Hell Hound, and finally swinging at the archon.

[sblock]
Kozaar burns for 8 points of ongoing damage. Ow. Stands up from prone (move action), then charges to P9, provoking an Opportunity Attack from Azer 1 and attacks the blinded Fire Archon 1, marking him.

Roll Lookup
1d20+27; 1d12+18 → [5,27] = (32)
1d20+27; 1d12+18 → [12,18] = (30)

My attack roll already includes the bonus from charging, Combat Advantage, and the Archon's vulnerability to cold. Cold damage, of course, instilling another round of vulnerability.

Sadly, since I used all my actions for the turn, Feather won't be able to move or escape. Damn mounted combat rules :(.
[/sblock]

Kozaar's armor continues to burn as he grits his teeth, ignoring the pain as best he's able. Feather is able to extinguish some of the flames, but they continue to burn painlessly.

[sblock]
Roll Lookup
1d20 → [6] = (6)
Saving Throw against ongoing damage is a failure.

Roll Lookup
1d20 → [11] = (11)
1d20 → [6] = (6)
One of Feather's saves is a success, the other is a failure. Not that it really matters, but it might.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
As Kozaar charges across his griffon, the Azer in front of it reacts and hits the dragonborn with his fire axe, dividig his attention amnd making his attack more difficult. Kozaar fails indeed to hit his opponent.
Feather remains prone, waiting for his master.The hell hound near it has felt its way too tough armor, so it breathes out a blast of fire
that catches in both the griffon and his master, burning them considerably.

The other Hell Hound, still unable to move, releases yet another breath of fire on his allies imprevious to flames and on Kozaar, that, together with the Azer, cannot evade it. It seems the fire has also melt the ice trapping the beast.
The Fire Archon Kozaar attacked swings half-blindly at the Dragonborn, and someway manages to hit him, and gets rid of some of the ice trapping him.

View attachment 37873

[sblock=Brudd]the Rockfire Dreadnought has no vulnerabilities. Its lowers defense is Will.[/sblock]

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 1]
Sharm hits the Goristro and deals 40 dmg. He marks it and spends a healing surge. He also gains 5 temporary hp, which stack with the 5 he received for being hit by the Goristro.
ARGH!! Another prismatic Burst!! It hits:Archon, Azer 2,Giant, Hound 2.They're blind till the end of Eiran's next turn and take 31 radiant damage.
Brudd Takes 10 fire dmg from the Dreadnought aura. He Hits the Goristro with both attacks and deals a ****load of dmg=72.Sharm can spend another healing surge and till the end of Brudd's next turn any attack the Goristro makes against Sharm will deal no dmg.
All monsters in the Winter's Wrath area take either 7 or 12 cold dmg.Fire Archon 2fails both his saves.
The rockfire dreadnought shifts but Devastation resists all damage from its aura.It attacks Brudd, but misses.
The Azer takes cold dmg but hits Feather, dealing 15 dmg, 10 of which resisted.It fails its save.
The other Azer lets the hell hound attack feather, but it only inflicts 1 point of damage. The azer makes his save vs ongoing dmg though.
Kozaar's stealth is 30. The fire giant fails to perceive where he is.

The Azer hits Kozaar with his opportuninity attack for 13 dmg and marks him.He also takes
9 dmg for the Hell Hound aura. His attack misses.
The Hellhound's blast inflicts 18 dmg to Feather and Kozaar, reduced to 8 and 16 respectively.
The hell hound 2 recharges the power. Kozaar takes 22 more dmg from it, the Azer is hit too but resists. Hell Hound 2 finally makes its save.
ROUND 3 STARTS and the Archon takes his usual cold dmg. It hits Kozaar despite blindness (it targets reflex), deals 5 dmg, and 5 onoing dmg (doesn't stack, but it's a separate save). The fire archon makes his save vs ongoing dmg.

NOTE:THE BLUE SQUARE MARKS THE AREA MADE INTO DIFFICULT TERRAIN BY THE ICE STORM
The Deep blue square marks the area of Winter's Wrath instead. The zone grants concealment and anyone starting its turn there takes 7 cold dmg.

-Fire Archon 1 -125 hp, Immobilized (save -2), BLINDED(Eiran's turn) marked by Kozaar
-Devastation HP:131/131, HS:7/8, AP:1 SW:1 +7 defenses vs Goristro TENT, CA vs Goristro [sblock=expended]Hounding Strike, Dimming Blow[/sblock]
-Senara HP:79/108, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Prismatic Burst,Winter's Wrath[/sblock]
-Sharm HP:136/145+10t, HS:13/14, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Relentless Assailant[/sblock]
-Eiran HP:101/109, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Shield, Prismatic Burst, Ice Storm[/sblock]
-Brudd HP:92/131 HS:11/11, AP:0 SW:1, +1 AC and Ref TSNT [sblock=expended]Mantle of Glory, Boots of the fencing Master, Sentinel Strike, Strenghten the Faithful, Divine Fortune[/sblock]
-Fire Archon 2 -85 hp, Immobilized (save -2), Cold ongoing 5(save)
-Rockfire Dreadnought
-Azer 1 -151 hp, ongoing cold 5(save)
-Azer 2 -146 hp, BLINDED(Eiran's turn)
-Fire Giant -71 hp,BLINDED(Eiran's turn)
-Kozaar HP:42/159, HS:15/15, AP:1 SW:1, ongoing fire 10 (save), ongoing dire 5 (save), Marked by Azer[sblock=Expended]Dragon Breath, Come and Get it[/sblock]
-Feather HP:76/98, ongoing 10 fire dmg(save), Prone
-Hell Hound 1 -102 hp
-Hell Hound 2 -47 hp, BLINDED(Eiran's turn)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sharm

Believing that the battle is going very well at the moment, Sharm will just attack with a Crushing Blow, his L3 Encounter power.
attack = 28 1d20+21=28

damage = {to be rolled later today, when I can look up the power and see what dice to roll. or you can go ahead and roll it for me anytime, Ata :)}

[sblock=Just a Note about Our Rolling Schedule]Ata, I hope that you don't mid me rolling out of order like this. My thought in doing so is to make sure that I don't hold the game up in case I can't check in during the time you're ready for my action. I don't really think that knowing Sharm's action for the round will unduly influence any others who are ahead of him in the initiative order. That's because, let's face it, Sharm is pretty much a one-trick pony, so everyone should already have a good idea what he will do. Still, if you'd prefer that I changed the way I do this, I will, of course, obey my DMs instructions.[/sblock]

ALSO ATA, I just noticed that because of Sharm's Hammer Rhythm Feat, when he MISSES with an attack using his Maul (big hammer) he still inflicts 5hp damage on his target. And Sharm's already missed at least once in the fight, hasn't he?

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Kozaar yells out in pain as his cuts and burns start leaking frost energy; with a grim smile, he directs the blast of cold into his enemies.

[sblock]
As an Immediate Reaction, Kozaar is going to use his Dragon Blast ability, attacking Archon 1, Hell Hound 2, and Archon 2. Sadly, he's marked by the Azer and will suffer a -2 penalty to attacks (already included).
Roll Lookup
1d20+19 → [1,19] = (20) Archon 1, additional +2 from CA
1d20+19 → [5,19] = (24) Hell Hound 2, additional +2 from CA
1d20+19 → [2,19] = (21) Archon 2

Spectacular. If Kozaar somehow hits,
Roll Lookup
2d6+7 → [1,2,7] = (10)
13 points of Cold Damage, plus Blindness.
[/sblock]

"I need healing," he calls out to his comrades.

Redclaw

First Post
Devastation steps to the side and moves close to the dreadnought's leg, luring it to swing at him. He dodges aside just as its heavy fist comes crashing toward him, smirking as rock hits rock and the creature bellows in pain.

[sblock=ooc] Move Action: shift to G9, giving me flanking with Brudd
Standard Action: Fool's Opportunity vs. Rockfire D., hits Will 42 for 21 sneak attackdamage and the dreadnought damages itself as if hit with its own melee basic attack. Depending on how you rule, Ata, there might be an additional +7 damage from my dagger and Light Blade Precision feat. Since the damage didn't actually come from the dagger, I didn't add it in, but since the power does have the Weapon keyword, it might qualify...[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
As he cries out in pain, Devastation releases a burst of cold but, as he staggers, the attack is directed upwards and misses al its targets.
Tricked by devastation maneuver, the not-so-brilliant Dreadnought punches itself.

[sblock=Leif]By the way, I don't think Sharm ever missed till now.[/sblock]
[sblock=HH]remember Kozaar's +2 bonus to attacks when he's bloodied[/sblock]

View attachment 37880

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 3]

-Fire Archon 1 -125 hp, Immobilized (save -2), BLINDED(Eiran's turn) marked by Kozaar
-Fire Archon 2 -85 hp, Immobilized (save -2), Cold ongoing 5(save)
-Rockfire Dreadnought -28 hp
-Azer 1 -151 hp, ongoing cold 5(save)
-Azer 2 -146 hp, BLINDED(Eiran's turn)
-Fire Giant -71 hp,BLINDED(Eiran's turn)
-Kozaar HP:42/159, HS:15/15, AP:1 SW:1, ongoing fire 10 (save), ongoing dire 5 (save), Marked by Azer[sblock=Expended]Dragon Breath, Come and Get it[/sblock]
-Feather HP:76/98, ongoing 10 fire dmg(save), Prone
-Hell Hound 1 -102 hp
-Hell Hound 2 -47 hp, BLINDED(Eiran's turn)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Serana smiles as Eiran's glaze flicks between her and the dragonborn. "That's just the way he operates; his combat techniques function best when he's outnumbered."

I need healing.
"Although that does tend to be his battlecry... But it's too bad, their fiery nature means this will be my last spell against those foes." She glides across the battlefield, grinning at the other wizard, "You think you can handle it?" Then she uses her insight to invade the minds of the Azers and one of their pets, rooting them in place with hypnotic visions.

[sblock]Move Action: Move to J15.

Standard Action: Mesmeric Hold: P* R 10, up to 3 creatures, +4 att if only attack 1: +22 v W: H: 2d6+12 psychic and immobilized UENT
Roll Lookup

1d20+22; 1d20+22; 1d20→ [11,22] = (33) Azer 1
1d20+22; 1d20+22; → [11,22] = (33)

1d20+22; 1d20+22; → [15,22] = (37) Azer 2
1d20+22; 1d20+22; → [20,22] = (42) CRIT

1d20+22; 1d20+22; 2d6+12 → [2,22] = (24) Hell Hound 2
1d20+22; 1d20+22; 2d6+12 → [16,22] = (38)

Azer 1
Azer 2 CA (blind), Cover
Hellhound 2 CA (blind), Cover

2d6+12 → [1,3,12] = (16)
Roll Lookup
5d6 → [1,4,5,5,5] = (20)

HIT: 16 Psychic damage. Immobilize UENT. Psychic Lock: -2 to next attack.

CRIT damage: +20 psychic (36 total)

If Senara misses with any attack, she's Dazed UENT (Dazed does not grant CA).[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

HP 79/108. 9/9. AP 1. (Dazed UENT? - does not grant CA)

[sblock=Powers used]

Prismatic Burst, E
Mesmeric Hold, E
Winter's Wrath, E
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads