D&D 5E OotA: NPCs Fate (Spoilers)

Aww, my group loves Stool. Glabagool, too, though they've been on a boat with him and haven't had to deal with his slow movement yet.

Ront was killed by the drow before they escaped Velkynvelve after he tried to take the dragonborn sorcerer's food and got into a fight with him.

Jimjar left the group at Gracklstugh. He was acting as their guide, but no one ever took him up on his bets, or weaseled out of them when they did, so he ditched them.

Derendil is still hanging around, but other than that, like many I didn't want there to be that high of an NPC-to-PC ratio and limited the number that ended up with the group.

They have poor little Stool in a pack type situation riding on the Bard's back. He will be around, though the have nearly abandoned him a few times.

LarryD

First Post
Ront: died fighting Quaggoth during breakout
T&T: they bolted as soon as the cell opened
Sarith & Jimjar: left behind
Eldeth: killed during escape attempt

Awesome Adam

First Post
I've been informed by the Dungeon Master that the remaining NPCs are growing concerned. Evidently, the 4 Barbarians in the group eating the Orcs that ambushed us has upset them.

I don't know why. We offered them all teh roast Orc they could eat.

Awesome Adam

First Post
Ront - Lost grip while attacked by insect swarm, and fell while climbing down rope, escaping the prison, into the waters and eaten by Grey Ooze.

Sarith - Lost grip while attacked by insect swarm, and fell while climbing down rope, escaping the prison, into the waters and eaten by Grey Ooze.

Stool - Ripped apart by insect swarm, while climbing down rope, escaping the prison, into the waters and eaten by Grey Ooze.

Doug, the Dwarf Slave - Joined the party and died the next day falling into lava.

JimJar - Slipped an fell to his death while crossing rope bridge. This occurs immediately after refusing to wear a rope safety harness.

Buppido - Tossed overboard, to make room for a PC, while fleeing Sloopidoop and devoured by frenzied black manta things.

Topsy/Turvy - Wandered off to take care of their personal health issue.

Prince Derrendil - Fled in the opposite direction of rest of party while fleeing Sloopidoop. Where abouts and condition unknown.

Bob, Neil, Deb, and Shiela - Human escaped slaves encountered by welcomed by group. We fed and armed them, and then found them all dead the next morning.

The Entire Poulation of Sloopidoop - Mostly dead, any survivors are scattered.

Last edited:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Well Stool bought it. They tried to seed the island in the darklake with him thinking maybe he will be reborn. The only NPC left is Shushar. Buppido survived but he headed to Grackelstug. I have 7 PC so I'm glad I've finally be able to kill off the far too numerous NPC.

Motorskills

Explorer
Bloodbath in Gracklstugh!

The party had already lost Topsy and Turvy, thrown overboard when they wigged out on the Darklake.

They reached the gaijin-only tavern in Gracklstugh without much bother.

Things were settling down, the party returned from the bazaar to find Eldeth murdered, her body hacked to pieces by a large melee weapon, and her heart ritualistically removed.

Ront, the obvious suspect, was missing, along with Buppido.

Buppido had used his wiles to convince Ront to kill Eldeth in a frenzied rampage. Buppido then cut her heart out, before convincing Ront that he knew somewhere he could lay low.

After some shenanigans, the party found Buppido's shrine. Eldeth's heart is on the shrine, bits of Ront are scattered all over.

I had statted all the NPCs as proper character classes (Eldeth was a dwarf ranger of equivalent rank, etc). For fun, I oomphed up Buppido to an 8th level Sorceror, and slapped the party around some before they finally put him down. I made him a disciple of the Demon Lord of Lies, seemed to fit better.

I was already freaking them out with Sarith's accelerating descent into madness. They then (eventually) encountered the corrupted myconids in Whorlstone...and Sarith left them per the description, and that freaked them out pretty good too.

They've picked up Rumpadump, though hardly any compensation for losing three key warriors.

Buppido was just discovered and slain in the Whorlstone Tunnels. With the party, it’s still just Stool, Glabagool, and Prince Derendil.

I deliberately skipped Rumpadump, because the group took Jimjar as a guide for granted.

My brother made a joke that Prince Derendil should turn out to be Drizzt. Hah, no.

janosicek

First Post
Ront devoured by the grey ooze while escaping from the prison.
Prince Derendil assassinated by Buppido on the Darklake (dagger to the back and a push to the water)

Currently everyone is hating Topsy/Turvy because they have been disappearing in the night, and they want to kill them / leave them.

Player who plays Buppido is very eager to continue his quest, and Sarith is his next target...

One PC is protecting Stool with his life :)

Remove ads