• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 406

Sejs

First Post
Voadam said:
For the record I would not remove her paladin status. She honestly, though unreasonably, believes he is evil and I would not make take away powers over a paladin striking against what it thought was evil.

Nah, I've got to disagree with ya on this on Voadam. I'm normally pretty easy going when it comes to paladin infractions, but the whole "they're evil regardless of what their alignment is" pretty much seals the deal for me.

Or more to the point how she follows through on it. But yeah. Miko didn't fall from grace, she threw herself from it.

Sir Elton

First Post
No. I hate to be the DM in this situation.

IF the paladin's player pulled a stunt on me like that, I'd probably say: "what is your conscience tell you?"

Sejs

First Post
Voadam said:
I apologise for turning this into a paladin morality thread. :)

Nah, s'all good. Would've happened in any case.

What I'd like to see from here - Shojo's not quite dead, Hinjo rushes foreward to Lay On Hands... Miko turns to strike him down.

Really get things going.

Andor

First Post
WarlockLord said:
I think Miko's fallen. This would give her a great excuse to date Belkar, as that would be awesome!

Ewww. I think I need to bathe now. Talk about [Craft: Disturbing Mental Images].

amazingshafeman

First Post
Savage Wombat said:
And let's not forget, Azure City is now doomed thanks to her. I don't think even paladins will fall neatly into line behind the highest-ranking paladin present if that paladin just offed the ruler of the city.

Additional question - does this mean that Hinjo is now the only one who knows the location of the Azure City gate? If he doesn't know, then does anybody?

Xykon probably knows.

amazingshafeman

First Post
Saloric Windrunner said:
My prediction for the future: Miko will become a blackguard. I don't think she has fallen yet, but her faith has been badly shaken. The only thing left is for her to meet an outsider and who is waiting in the dungeon for her Sabine. Sabine will corrupt her and when they break out she will be the newest member of the Linear Guild.

This fits the flavor of the comic more than any of the other proposed plot twists. Opens up several more side arcs and humorous points than any of the others, too. Above all, it allows the murderous tension between Miko and Belkar to continue to rage, then eventually to only smolder as the OotS manage to "save" Miko and help her regain her paladin status, possibly only to die saving the last, final gate as Xykon is almost victorious. Or her and the Thing in the Darkness head off to get tea....

BronzeGolem

First Post
amazingshafeman said:
Xykon probably knows.

No...Xykon didn't know. The only reason why Xykon had Miko spared was because Xykon knew that it was in Azure City and that was it. He expected Miko to lead him exactly to where the gate was, so he could 'tag along' via scrying and find the location.

Has Miko fallen?

Short answer:

Maybe.

What if she is right? The old guy is some polymorphed demon who was only interested in keeping the Snarl Imprisoned as if its all destroyed, you can't take it over.

If I was the DM....

It really depends on the Player. I've had players where they act this way dut to stupidity on their part & others who are trully role-plying their characters.

In my games, I wouldn't Strip her of her power for this action (Assuming she is just operating on faulty information, much of her own assumption), but I'd let here know she better think real hard about what just happened.

I'd probablly take away the Highest Level of Spells as a warnig to reflect on her actions. Then, I'd strip further powers or restore the spells based on the Player's Actions.

Then again this could just be a case where it is a Bad Idea to use Int as your Dump Stat*

*I have a Halfling Rouge that wishes to stress that he in no way cast a Vetriliquism Spell after the Paladin got hit by a Touch of Idiocy spell that convinced said Paldin his Penis was Possessed by Satan and in need of Sundering.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads