• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS 450 - Wands are for Suckers

|Crono|

First Post
Stalker0 said:
Guys, the Mods have made a point to say (with big red writing none the less!!) That you can NOT post Rich's stuff on their site or anyone else's. Doing so is a violation of copyright law!!

So please take the image down, as much as we all don't like to wait for the page to load, its Rich's wish, so let's respect it.

Would putting a link directly to the picture on his website be ok?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/XgdI8e6oeAxUjz2eRrK.gif

If this is unacceptable please delete.

Nyeshet

First Post
RedFox said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Belkar has Skill Mastery (Intimidate), just so that he can take 10 on it in battle.
Considering he took the feat "Craft Disturbing Mental Image" last time he leveled up (and took a level of barbarian), it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has not only taken the feat Skill Mastery (Intimidate), but has also maxed out the skill.

Hmm, for a Bbn 1 / Rng 11 that would work out to what? 7 ranks from 11 levels of Ranger (cross class skill; might explain why he lacks ranks for Spot checks ;) ), 4 ranks from 1 level of barbarian (If he has been trying to max out the skill, I can't see him not taking advantage of the fact that it is a class skill for barbarians.), +3 for Skill Mastery, and whatever his Cha bonus is for the ability mod, for a total of:

Intimidate +14 +cha. Taking 10 he can make a DC 24 check without much difficulty. I'm a little surprised ol' flame and fear is so readily intimidated, but from how he's been acting I suppose he must have some type of penalty to his will checks to resist fear.

Of course +14 + cha presumes that Craft Disturbing Mental Image doesn't grant a bonus to Intimidate checks (I wouldn't be surprised if it both granted a bonus and required SM (intimidate), for that matter.). And, of course, Belkar might have something else that grants a bonus of some type to Intimidate checks. Can Bluff 5 ranks provide a bonus? I'm nearly certain it can, so that would be another +2 to his checks. Maybe something else I am forgetting can help? :heh:

Nyaricus

First Post
Pielorinho said:
-What's the fire that's burning on the castle proper?
I loaded the image into MS Paint to zoom even further on that, and I gotta say I'm not sure; but there's someone else there you can barely see who's shooting something which looks like blue fire onto the fire. The person who's doing it seems to be Sapphire Guard blue in colouration, to boot.
Pielorinho said:
-Redcloak is chilling amongst the troops on the far right side of the panel. He's talking to someone; is it the head hobgoblin priest from 433? Or is it the Monster in the Dark with his umbrella?
Unbrella dude. I wonder if we're even going to get in on WHAT he is... :\
Pielorinho said:
-Does anyone see Elan or Haley?
Nope; I couldn't.

Also: that's definitely Roy on the battlefield, and there's also another Xykon-decoy just to the South of Belkar, which I personally hope Belkar PWNS soon :]

cheers,
--N

Remove ads