• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 464

Grog

First Post
Peni Griffin said:
To those who rejoice instead of recognizing the beauty, compassion, and truth of this strip, here's a little thought:

J'ever notice how the faults we condemn most in others are those that we share?

Dude, it's a comic strip. Lighten up.

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Liked Miko's part in the story (the whole part not only her physical end ;) ).

Hm, would be nice if the D&D rules would offer an opportunity for some last words.
Now, at 1 hp a PC could kill lots of foes (both in melee and spell combat). At 0 hp, he has the option to retreat or go down spectacular (last spell, last full attack).
At negative hp, he's normally unconcious, so no last words... :\

Kahuna Burger

First Post
DreadPirateMurphy said:
This was a good strip. It had far more depth (both in terms of character and message) than anybody has any right to expect from a Webcomic about stick figures in a role-playing game.
Not to tangent, but these sort of comments alwys strike me as strange. There is nothing about the mode of delivery, the medium, the art style or the setting that effects the depth I can or "have a right to" expect from it. The level of depth was actually exactly what I've come to expect for a strip of this type.

Its fine to like the strip, but why set up the compliments with an attempt to lower the expectations for it?

JustKim

First Post
Jer said:
I hope that Roy gets raised -- for me he's the main character and my favorite of the bunch.
I liked Roy up until a strip was dedicated to him telling off Miko. After that, he just became an ugly character and I didn't care when he died. Rich has managed to ruin every character except Durkon for me with his writing, and I suspect that's only because Durkon gets so little screen time.

bissichan

First Post
Aw, man. I'm always sad to see a Paladin go. And Miko dug herself into a hole and just dug deeper.

The second I saw Soon reveal he knew how to end Xykon's life once and for all, I knew there was no way he'd be around to tell that to the Order.

borc killer

First Post
JustKim said:
I liked Roy up until a strip was dedicated to him telling off Miko. After that, he just became an ugly character and I didn't care when he died. Rich has managed to ruin every character except Durkon for me with his writing, and I suspect that's only because Durkon gets so little screen time.

...and thankfully very few others feel that way.

I really do not understand how people can you attack someone for creating art. If you don’t like it don’t read it or at least give creative criticism. I think some of you need to get the heck off your high horse and make your own comic so you have a clue.

/sigh

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
JustKim said:
I liked Roy up until a strip was dedicated to him telling off Miko...

What? Should he have simply submitted to her, not opposed her? He should have been submissive before the hate-filled cow? Someone should have told her off long, long ago.

dagger said:
I would say LG plane.

Piss on her "forgiveness," she still deserves hell. It is a lawful place, after all.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Pretty good strip. However, I'm not sure if this would be the end of Miko. She may come back, but not as the same character she was introduced as.

For some reason, I could see her becoming an Inevitable. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads