• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #470

Darklone

S'mon said:
Haley's AC must really suck if War-1 hobgobs with +2 AB keep hitting her!
Yepp, interesting noone else noticed that one. But:
Above you see how many "rounds" that battle lasted... having so many hobogobos attack her for so many rounds, a few of them WILL roll a nat 20.

8 rounds, let's say 5 attack her per round will wind up at 2 hits on average.

Ferrum

First Post
S'mon said:
Haley's AC must really suck if War-1 hobgobs with +2 AB keep hitting her!

Perhaps the Hobgoblins were fighting tactically, having several aid another giving one Hob a couple of +2 bonuses to land those hits. In each instance where Haley is hit it seems only one of the hobgoblins is swinging, the others are just holding the line and (maybe) trying to distract her.

That, and it seems she was charged twice and prone once. The modifiers could add up.

Nail

First Post
Given Haley's last comment in the last frame, it seems she's actually out of arrows (rather than having only 3, as the comic's title suggests).

Gez

First Post
Nail said:
Given Haley's last comment in the last frame, it seems she's actually out of arrows (rather than having only 3, as the comic's title suggests).

No, she has three arrows left in the quiver.

A standard D&D quiver contains twenty arrows. She fired sixteen (you can count 'em) and lost one (when she's tripped). Three remain.

It's of hobgoblins that she's fresh out. :p

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
DogBackward said:
I don't recall the exact wording, and can't be bothered to find it, but she started to reveal some big secret to Elan when she was speaking in tongues.
I think you're on the wrong track there; the big secret was that she was in love with Elan. She revealed it to him in strip 394, which is why she can speak again.

AuraSeer said:
I think you're on the wrong track there; the big secret was that she was in love with Elan. She revealed it to him in strip 394, which is why she can speak again.

She had quite a few big secrets. Being in love with Elan was one, but there were many others, including the fact that she had a tattoo he'd never seen (now revealed), and that...

I'm not exactly what you'd call...

Nobody knows how she was going to end that sentence, but "human" is certainly one of the more viable theories.

Gez

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Nobody knows how she was going to end that sentence, but "human" is certainly one of the more viable theories.

Exactly, and I'm not saying that just 'cause it's a paraphrase of what I've posted on the first page already. :p

For reference:

Yrhw, N'u nw rdjy mnck vdg.
Elan, I'm in love with you.

Yrhw, N'u nw rdjy mnck vdg. Lduzrycyrv nw rdjy. Rdjy, rdjy, rdjy, rdjy!
Elan, I'm in love with you. Completely in love. Love, love, love, love!

Uv ehe nb aynwp kyre fhwbdu av hw yjnr enlchcdf.
My dad is being held ransom by an evil dictator.

N'u wdc fyhrrv nw cky Cknyjtb' Pgnre hwvudfy.
I'm not really in the Thieves' Guild anymore.

N lkyhc hc bdrnchnfy.
I cheat at solitaire.

N khjy h chccdd vdg'jy wyjyf byyw.
I have a tattoo you've never seen.

N tnbbye h pnfr dwly.
I kissed a girl once.

DT, DT, udfy ckhw dwly!
OK, OK, more than once!

Yrhw, nc cgfwb dgc N uhv wdc ay yqhlcrv mkhc vdg mdgre lhrr-
Elan, it turns out I may not be exactly what you would call-​

And the love thing was the first thing she tried back then, but it didn't work... The scene probably wasn't dramatic enough.

orsal

LEW Judge
Gez said:
And the love thing was the first thing she tried back then, but it didn't work... The scene probably wasn't dramatic enough.

I think it was exactly the secret she needed to tell him, but she wasn't really telling him. She was only able to say it because she *knew* he wouldn't be able to understand her. It was only when she actually wanted, not just to say the words, but for him to hear the words, that she was cured.

Remove ads