• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #548 is up

areola said:
I assume the nine are referring to the nine alignments?
Probably not, since the Demon Roaches said that some of the sides were not known about by the other sides yet.

All the characters know the game rules, like alignments. I really assume they mean separate groups with interests in the current battle over the Snarl's Gates and the hole in reality.

Oh, and Redcloak admitting that the light from the rift made him look funny seems to be a bone tossed to people who said he didn't look right in those scenes (although a lot of fans seemed to figure that out already).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
wingsandsword said:
Hmm, nine sides in this whole conflict, some of which we don't know about yet?

Let's see, who do we know about?
Redcloak & The Goblins
Xykon
Hinjo & The Sapphire Guard
The Order of the Stick
Lord Kubota
The Linear Guild
Sabine's Demonic Lords (she did duck out on Nale to tell them about the whole "gates" issue after all, but we haven't heard anything more about that)
?
?

I think the snarl would consider itself one of the sides and the world's deities another.

wolff96

First Post
wingsandsword said:
Hmm, nine sides in this whole conflict, some of which we don't know about yet?

Let's see, who do we know about?
Redcloak & The Goblins
Xykon
Hinjo & The Sapphire Guard
The Order of the Stick
Lord Kubota
The Linear Guild
Sabine's Demonic Lords (she did duck out on Nale to tell them about the whole "gates" issue after all, but we haven't heard anything more about that)
?
?

I'm really not sure that Lord Kubota and the Linear Guild should be on that list.

Lord Kubota especially -- he's out to destroy Hinjo and take over as ruler. I really don't think he has any designs on the Snarl or it's gates. He's definitely a 'side' in the general sense of being against Hinjo, but he's not a 'side' in regards to the larger conflict over reality.

The Linear Guild works because they're out to stop the Order of the Stick. And that would include getting the gates. (Did they ever mention a specific gate-agenda? I can't recall and I can't go paging through the comic backlog here at work! :))

I definitely would include the gods and the Snarl, though. They obviously have direct interests in the outcome! :)

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the roaches could have meant specifically that REDCLOAK was unaware of the other sides... if so, then the Linear Guild and Sabine's demonic masters could be the 'missing' sides.

fba827

Adventurer
I figure it's only a similarity rather than the same body (since there is only so much you can do to differentiate stick figures when there is no coloring involved), but doesn't the one reanimated gladiator look a little like Roy?

As for the other of the nine (note it said 'at least nine' ) probably some factions yet to be introduced, after all, there needs to be some variety to the conflicts to had at the other gates.

I imagine Scruffy is one of the 9 though. :-D
But seriously, yeah, snarl, the 12 gods, and Banjo....

:)

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
wolff96 said:
EDIT: It just occurred to me that the roaches could have meant specifically that REDCLOAK was unaware of the other sides... if so, then the Linear Guild and Sabine's demonic masters could be the 'missing' sides.

I'm kind of wondering if "they" means us, since the roaches are big on breaking the 4th wall.

Brad

Remove ads