• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots #569

I'll admit, I laughed. But mostly that was because Belkar finally got a long-overdue and much deserved kick in the junk.

For some reason, I'm of a mind to think the whole "Mark of Justice" was the DM's way of trying to reign in Belkar's player (who I'm convinced would be a teenager in the mold of PvP's Francis Ottoman from back in the day), and the DM deciding to speak to the player in a langauge they could easily and clearly understand ;)

Fobok

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
I'll admit, I laughed. But mostly that was because Belkar finally got a long-overdue and much deserved kick in the junk.

Same here. I don't find puking funny, but I find Belkar getting punished finally very funny.

Rechan

Adventurer
The vomit, by itself, isn't funny. However, Belkar continually playing it down - and then it leaping out of him, then both Hailey and Celia getting tagged when they try to do "I told you so", and then Roy's line - that was funny.

Also, Shinjo.

Fobok said:
Same here. I don't find puking funny, but I find Belkar getting punished finally very funny.
Vomiting, like farts, aren't funny in and of themselves.

It's the situation that makes them funny. Like somebody letting roaring cheek-squeaker loose in the middle of Sunday services ;)

Dlsharrock

First Post
I didn't find this funny and I usually like OotS humour. The Team America vomit scene on the other hand was disgusting but hilarious. So I guess I'm neanderthal and sophisticant in equal parts.

Celebrim

Legend
carborundum said:
Is up and hilarious! Really, really, really, really, laugh out loud hilarious! With a sweet, Shrektastic line for good measure.

To me, the word 'Shrektastic' means "really lame, juvenile, trite, politically conventional parody without a single laugh in the whole story and which nonetheless manages to be subtly offensive to everyone in a way that seems to be more stuidied cluelesssness than anything else". Since I know that Shrek is found to be inexplicably funny by alot of people, I assumed you meant the word to mean, "Really funny."

After reading the comic, I'm thinking maybe we are on the same page about the meaning of 'Shrektastic', and that over the top fourth repetition was meant to be an indication of sarcasm.

Wow, that strip really blew chunks.

Remove ads