• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 572

diaglo

Adventurer
Actually, that has to be 2E, because it's the only edition that explicitly listed a -10 hp rule as Optional. (1E had a -10 hp rule, non-optional, but triggered only if you actually hit 0 hp on the dot. With option listed to lower "trigger spot" down to -3 hp.)

It looks like they're advancing editions over time in the heavens.

who said it was listed? everything is optional if it is not listed.

OD&D(1974) is the only true edition. Rich knows that. :D

Warehouse23

First Post
Not that OOTS is going to 4e or anything, but which of the epic destinies available to Belkar would involve never drawing another breath?

I think the rules have not been kind to the Belk-meister, so I could imagine him trying to finagle an edition upgrade.

Cryptos

First Post
I keep seeing everyone in discussions about this comic saying "still, a year in the comic is a long time." But it's not one full year, it's before the end of the year currently in progress, isn't it? Any time before the end of the year.

We had the celebration of a new year at least a few weeks before Azure City was sacked by Xykon, and Roy's been dead long enough to decompose. There was something like a three month jump while Roy was in the afterlife. It's got to be around four or five months into the year.

He's got six or seven months worth of comic strip time, at most. It could be any time between now and then.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads