• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #621 Is Up....

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Those people died partly because of Celia's actions, if she can restore them from the ill-gotten loot of the person that killed them, then that's a worthwhile idea. Remember, she opposed killing hobgoblins who had occupied Azure City, so to her, killing is always wrong; there is no self-defense exception.

She doesn't seem to mind that Pete was murdered. Him NOT getting raised (and even shouldering all of the blame instead of the minuscule amount that was actually his fault) is a specific part of the deal.

SPoD

First Post
She doesn't seem to mind that Pete was murdered. Him NOT getting raised (and even shouldering all of the blame instead of the minuscule amount that was actually his fault) is a specific part of the deal.

We have no idea if she minded or not, all we know is that Hank pushed for an exception, and she eventually agreed to it. No one gets everything they want in a negotiation, and it's likely she swallowed that part to get the rest signed.

However, remember also that Pete was not killed by Haley or Belkar--he had his head bashed in with a mace (and Celia saw his body, so she would have known that). She may feel less drive to undo a murder that was not committed by her allies. She would still classify it as Wrong, but it's not her problem.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
What I find funny is that I am 99% certain that The Point of Celia right now is to showcase how much we all accept rampant violence in our hobby, to the point where murder is our first choice for solving problems in-game, and how horrific that would look to an outsider with no gaming experience. And in response, everyone hates her because she doesn't accept rampant violence, and their first choice for dealing with her is murder.

Ok, I get it we're all very horrible people, I understand now.

I still don't like the stupid %&#$@!!!

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Remember a long time ago when I said Celia needs to die and people thought I was being harsh on her?

Nope, I don't remeber that.

But I think you are being harsh on Celia. She is merely being a catalyst for a change/development of character for Haley.

This is a setup for a moment of growth for our favourite redheaded thief ... er, rogue. Character development, pure and simple.

/M

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I just have to wonder if this will lead to more violence eventually if Haley can't or doesn't pay...

Rechan

Adventurer
IIRC, Rich made Miko excessively irritating and face-clawing because the fans didn't like her. Maybe Celia is starting to fall into that same writing trap.

Which is a shame, because I really like her.

Among other things, I think Celia also represents the "PC who wants to play D&D just to roleplay because they hate combat."

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
This is a setup for a moment of growth for our favourite redheaded thief ... er, rogue. Character development, pure and simple.

No, Haley's had her character development -- she's trying to save up enough money to free her father. All this did was make her already existent goal take twice as long to achieve for no good reason.

Grog

First Post
Among other things, I think Celia also represents the "PC who wants to play D&D just to roleplay because they hate combat."

It's obvious that Celia is Roy's player's new PC, trying something different from playing a fighter (even a really smart one).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads