• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OoTS 640

Ambrus

Explorer
Btw now we know the spell was essentially genocidal since it wiped a full quarter of the Black Dragon population.
Keep in mind that the "quarter of all black dragons" figure is simply V's wild ballpark guess of the spell's full effects; issued while trying to stick it to his/her defeated foe. The true figure could be significantly smaller, bigger or even truly genocidal if V's knowledge of draconic genealogy or procreation isn't quite accurate.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Anyway, as I said, I thought that the Soul Splice might have been pouring fuel on the fire as it were. Turns out that it was just removing what little inhibitions V had left.

Cool to see someone using what we learned from the Milgram experiment in a webcomic. Absolve your subject of responsibility and watch the fur fly.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
V TOTALLY isn't evil ;p

Also, this thread makes the social psych part of my brain cheer happily...or shudder in the horrible horrible memory of re-learning about Milgram in every single class I took oh god I could recite the whole thing by memory now.

Hussar

Legend
Keep in mind that the "quarter of all black dragons" figure is simply V's wild ballpark guess of the spell's full effects; issued while trying to stick it to his/her defeated foe. The true figure could be significantly smaller, bigger or even truly genocidal if V's knowledge of draconic genealogy or procreation isn't quite accurate.

Ok, sorry about the attempt at yet another alignment discussion, but, I would like to comment on this one point.

Does it matter? V fully intends to commit murder on a massive scale. He believes that his spell will kill massive numbers. Whether or not he actually succeeds in achieving those numbers or not is fairly irrelevant. It's the attempt that really counts.

TroyXavier

First Post
Well it did solve that V was doing this on her own as I suspected. I am thinking that before all is said and done, V will have killed her own family. Then perhaps that's when she'll regret the soul splice and find out she did it of her own free will.

Bah, that's not evil. Evil is using the soul bind spell on momma dragon so she cannot return to the afterlife now filled with all of her loved ones. Disintegrate was such a disappointment :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads