• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 642

WalterKovacs

First Post
We've already seen how V can give up the power against V's will.

So, I'm going to guess that V will accidentally lose one more spirit, and redeem (to some extent) V's self by getting rid of the last one voluntarily. However, even with the redemption and humbling ... there is still the delayed "price" to pay that becomes the new prophesy. (When will each fiend take what is due to them?)

It would be a huge waste to make V into a complete villain, or have V keep the power, etc. V's ultimate arcane power isn't going to last forever. V will have to pay for how V treated people, AND will have to pay the fiends for services rendered. V can be redeemed, but is still a liability (however the Order of the Stick may not know that V is a liability, and V may be too ashamed to admit the full extent of the deal that was made).

The group will eventually get back together, but everyone will have changed in some way before hand. Which means that Durkon may need to die and return home post humously (causing that problem to occur) before the group gets back together. He's the only one that hasn't had a character building arc of some sort since the split.

Last edited:

Filcher

First Post
The group will eventually get back together, but everyone will have changed in some way before hand. Which means that Durkon may need to die and return home post humously (causing that problem to occur) before the group gets back together. He's the only one that hasn't had a character building arc of some sort since the split.

I like your logic. I wonder how Durkon's death will play into the plot. ("We'll smuggle the dwarf in dead!")

Nymrohd

First Post
V needs to be thrown down a well (with a permanent antimagic field on it) so she/he cannot cause anymore damage, especially by being possesed by fiends at the worst possible moment and helping them control/destroy the world instead of XYkon.

Vorput

First Post
V needs to be thrown down a well (with a permanent antimagic field on it) so she/he cannot cause anymore damage, especially by being possesed by fiends at the worst possible moment and helping them control/destroy the world instead of XYkon.

I'm relatively sure the Epic Necromancer who can wipe out 1/4 of all Black Dragons in existence can get around a simple anti-magic field :p

WalterKovacs

First Post
I'm relatively sure the Epic Necromancer who can wipe out 1/4 of all Black Dragons in existence can get around a simple anti-magic field :p

Too bad the epic necromancer has already left the building. I'm guessing the other two will make their exit after having an "epic" moment of their own (i.e. cast an epic level spell of their own design).

Nymrohd

First Post
I don't think they have any epic spells of their own (since the chick was by far the strongest by what the fiends said). Still Familicide was ludicrously strong so maybe they do have one. Thing is, what spells would they have researched? The conjurer might have an epic spell to create massive or permanent gates or summon some very big fiends or tons of little ones, and the sorcerer probably has some major area damage spells. I don't see how either could be of use to V. And I still don't think we will see V cast another Epic Spell (and certainly nothing as evilgasmic as Familicide).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads