• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 648!

RabidBob

First Post
Yeah, in my book that's pretty evil. Sure, the fact that loss of life in the DND verse means being out some amount of gold to raise you back up, so that kind of clouds the matter. But I think that crossed the line there.

Not that neutral, or even good, character can't do the occasional evil act before they get to the "deep end of the alignment pool."

Killing one's nemesis (temporarily) is evil? At the risk of taking OotS too seriously I'm going to disagree. I'd say her actions are chaotic as she broke a truce and agreement, but given that both characters have tried to kill each other in the past I can't see it as evil - in the context of D&D anyway.

Killing one's nemesis (temporarily) is evil? At the risk of taking OotS too seriously I'm going to disagree. I'd say her actions are chaotic as she broke a truce and agreement, but given that both characters have tried to kill each other in the past I can't see it as evil - in the context of D&D anyway.

I'm not quite certain if it's not evil at all, but it's definitely only a minor act of evil if it's one at all. Haley's nemesis is a high-level Rogue/Assassin which the last time they met tried to Death Attack her from ambush. This wasn't killing an innocent, but it also wasn't killing somebody who posed any threat to her (at the time) due to the truce.

I'd say it's either not an evil act, or it's such a mild evil act that only a Paladin would have to worry about the consequences. It probably is significantly chaotic though, like breaking a truce/pact. If it happened in my game I'd only really even sweat figuring out just how bad it was if a Paladin did it, even an LG character could probably get away with the occasional act like that (hunting down and killing a recurring nemesis that certainly has the power to be a mortal threat and held at bay only through a shaky truce you didn't agree to, of definitively evil alignment, although by less-than-honorable means like ambushing them as they bathe).

hamishspence

Adventurer
Only ones I've seen in WOTC 3.5 D&D books are Dragonbone golems (Draconomicon)

Exalted CG characters would have to worry about the evilness of their acts. Also, if using Fiendish Codex 2, Murder is a fairly serious evil act- if a killing can reasonably be defined as murder, its a problem.

Only ones I've seen in WOTC 3.5 D&D books are Dragonbone golems (Draconomicon)
I don't know if Bone Golems were ever converted officially to 3e.

Exalted CG characters would have to worry about the evilness of their acts. Also, if using Fiendish Codex 2, Murder is a fairly serious evil act- if a killing can reasonably be defined as murder, its a problem.
Since when the heck is Haley Exalted?

Also, I don't think that Haley killing Crystal like that would really be "Murder", in that it was much more of another round in their back-and-forth combat. Crystal had been trying to kill Haley for years, they had a very long-running rivalry. This wasn't Haley ambushing an innocent townsfolk, killing her and taking her stuff, it was more of getting even for Crystals prior attempt on her life.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads