• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #661 is up!

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
I have to confess, even after 30 years of playing D&D I haven't the first clue. But I'm having a lot of fun reading the speculation, though, and can't wait for someone to come up with the answer.

Great catch on the foreshadowing, whoever.

fba827

Adventurer
My theory is that the MitD is a Rich Burlew :)

or Rich Burlew Jr... you know, son of the DM... kind of like Venger was in the old D&D cartoon :)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Is anyone else wondering exactly where V and O'Chul went? It doesn't seem possible they could have ended up with the OotS --- is that just too much to hope for?

SPoD

First Post
Is anyone else wondering exactly where V and O'Chul went? It doesn't seem possible they could have ended up with the OotS --- is that just too much to hope for?

If it was a Wish or Miracle, it could have been cast as "Send them wherever they want to go," which would indeed leave them with the OOTS and Hinjo.

So. . .the MitD has Miracle or Wish as a spell-like ability?

I do like the "Avatar of the Snarl" theory, and it fits pretty much all the info we have on hand, but knowing Rich's talent for evading expectations it probably won't be that.

The idea of some homebrew Epic Abomination of some idea is a good one, which could account for nigh-Godlike power.

Predictions that this will lead to some kind of Dungeon Crawl are confirmed since Xykon did have it warded against scrying.

So, V's attempt to kill Xykon did accomplish something, it apparently rescued O'Chul and did make Xykon lose his phylactery and have to try to search for it. It just might have taught V a lesson in humility or the limits of magic, just maybe (then again, a magical Deus Ex Machina just saved his rear).

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm not sure the MitD did anything there.

Usually, when an OotS character casts a spell, they speak its name. Is there a spell called Escape that teleports other people?

I can't think of one.

It's entirely possible that the MitD did nothing and that him speaking while the other two teleported was just a coincidence.

I'm thinking it's a big fat ol'

redherring.gif

Remove ads