• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #663 up

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Damn, that was fast.

OK, after the last few strips I got a strong sense this one was a little bit of a filler. But the party are back together (once Durkon finishes his Raise Dead spell, anyway) and it's time for them all to get to date with What The Heck Has Been Going On Recently.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Actually, I wouldn't call this filler - it seems to suggest even more strongly towards are little friend in the darkness teleporting the two of them out. Maybe that's why it's sleeping - it's drained from spell casting?

SPoD

First Post
This is stuff all we needed to know (where everyone is, who knows what about which), so it's not strictly unnecessary the way filler would be. But it is sort of cramming as much information into one strip as possible in order to get it out of the way.

If anything, I would say it's the equal and opposite of filler: it's bookkeeping. Tally up where everyone stands so we can end the arc and start a new adventure.

Henrix

Explorer
Yay! Everyone together! Xykon picking up speed! Elan being silly! Belkar whetting his blades! (Well, I presume the last, what else would he do. Kill something and take their stuff?)

MarkB

Legend
This is stuff all we needed to know (where everyone is, who knows what about which), so it's not strictly unnecessary the way filler would be. But it is sort of cramming as much information into one strip as possible in order to get it out of the way.

If anything, I would say it's the equal and opposite of filler: it's bookkeeping. Tally up where everyone stands so we can end the arc and start a new adventure.

'Epilogue' would seem to be the best word for it in storytelling terms. Hopefully soon to transition into the prologue of a new chapter.

Apparently Miko's final act of poor judgment is going to remain O'Chul's secret.

Well, O'Chul was going to blow the gate before Soon made it a moot point and then Miko did her last foolish act. So in a sense O'Chul did make the decision to blow the gate, he's just pulling an Obi Wan about the exact facts of it.

Yeah, this isn't filler, it seems much more like an Epilogue for this plot arc. Finishing Roy's resurrection and the OotS standing together again will probably be the end.

Dausuul

Legend
I seems much more like an Epilogue for this plot arc. Finishing Roy's resurrection and the OotS standing together again will probably be the end.

Yup, that'd be my guess. I'm also willing to bet that there are exactly 2 or 3 more strips to go before that happens, so strip #666 will be either the end of this arc or the start of the next one. (If the latter, I'll bet the next arc starts with the three fiends.)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Everyone notice how O'Chul is too awesome to fall victim even to the demands of dramatic convention? :D

Remove ads