• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 664

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Any idea who the S. Rogers might be, who is also apparently returning to life?

Interesting strip - tipping off the fact that the Higher Powers are well aware of V's, ahem, indiscretion and will be potentially taking action.

SPoD

First Post
Is Greenhilt Senior aiming for a post-mortem conversion?

I think he thinks his Afterlife was "locked in" at the moment of final death and nothing he does will change it. I also happen to think that he's wrong, and he's going to do all of this only to end up banished to Limbo or someplace due to his posthumous actions.

Tiberius

Explorer
Interesting strip - tipping off the fact that the Higher Powers are well aware of V's, ahem, indiscretion and will be potentially taking action.

If they have a problem with V's actions, perhaps they should look inward. After all, you didn't see any celestials coming down and offering to clear up the dragon issue in exchange for service to be rendered later. I don't think V was holding out for the evil option, and would have accepted any sufficiently potent offer of aid.

Dausuul

Legend
[This post will refer to V as "she" for convenience; it should not be taken as an endorsement of either gender.]

If they have a problem with V's actions, perhaps they should look inward. After all, you didn't see any celestials coming down and offering to clear up the dragon issue in exchange for service to be rendered later. I don't think V was holding out for the evil option, and would have accepted any sufficiently potent offer of aid.

I imagine the celestials are bound by the same limitations that bind the fiends. They can't just intervene or even pop in to make speeches; note how the archon has to ask Eugene Greenhilt to pass on messages to Roy. They have to be properly invoked.

Perhaps if V had asked for celestial aid, it would have been forthcoming. But she didn't. She asked for the other guys. And her actions while under the Soul Splice - in particular, the use of a supremely evil epic spell - are beyond what could be justified by the situation.

(It's also worth noting that V had a link to the celestials, someone with a direct line to the Powers of Good. Short fellow, bald, bearded, inconsistent Scots accent. As the fiends pointed out, V had a way to get in touch with him and ask for help. All she had to do was swallow her pride... but she couldn't bring herself to do that, and took the evil option. And in the end, another bald, bearded agent of the Powers of Good pulled her fat out of the fire anyway.)

Last edited:

Remove ads