• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #795 is up! Back to the action!

Nymrohd

First Post
I wonder if Thog is a single class barbarian or if he has the cheesy beserker PrC. Cause if the latter, I cannot see how Roy could possibly win.

Thog has two levels of fighter. He thinks anyone who takes a third level in it is an idiot. (In their first fight, Roy pointed out that he missed out on Weapon Specialization. After being hit, Thog decided to switch places with Nale.)

Roy beat Thog the first time around, so I don't see why there should be a lot of tension this fight. Come to think of it, the OotS beat the Linear Guild too easily. If it's Nale's complexity addiction causing him to lose, fine, but IMO, each side should be able to match the other. (While there's PC vs NPC imbalance on an individual level, Leeky Windstaff was more powerful than any individual OotS member, and Drizzt-backward seems to be beating Varsuuvius handily.)

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Thanks Greylock! This had completely fallen off of my radar. Good to see the strip is back for the foreseeable future.

Remove ads