• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 821

So, now Tarquin has teamed up with Nale and the Linear Guild to try to control the Snarl?

So, in the Snarl War, we've got. . .

1. Order of the Stick & Azure City
2. Team Evil
3. Empire of Blood & Linear Guild
4. Inter-Fiend Cooperation Commission

BTW, Rich has really been making 'em quickly lately.

That's a little disappointing. From what I've seen so far, Tarquin should be smart enough to know that you don't try to control something that's only purpose is to destroy the world you're trying to conquer.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
That's a little disappointing. From what I've seen so far, Tarquin should be smart enough to know that you don't try to control something that's only purpose is to destroy the world you're trying to conquer.

That's what I was thinking too.
At the moment I'm hoping that that's merely what his intentions look like, and it's actually all part of some other secret plan.

We don't know that Tarquin knows that part.

Heck, only Redcloak knows it has no function except to destroy everything, everywhere and give control of the Snarl to The Dark One. Even Xykon doesn't know just how dangerous it is, he only knows it's a weapon.

Yeah, The Azurites (and thus the OotS, Linear Guild, and now Empire of Blood) know it's a God-killing abomination, but they don't know the exact details of the control ritual. The way Xykon probably explained it to Nale, and thus Tarquin, they think they're going to control the Snarl as a superweapon.

Orius

Legend
Or Tarquin wants to control access to part of a superweapon so it isn't used against him. Presumably, Nale told him about Xykon and Tarquin would see him as a serious long-term threat.

It's also possible he's sending Nale out against the OotS to finish him off.

Remove ads