• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 823

SnowleopardVK

First Post
Part of me want's to see Redcloak be saved. Maybe even atoned. In Start of Darkness, he didn't come across as evil, and instead as doing what he does out of some misplaced honor.

Pretty much. Redcloak thought he could control Xykon, but got bullied into being controlled. At this point it seems like he's simply come to the realization that he's gone too far to be able to be redeemed.

hopeless

Adventurer
Hmm...

If I remember correctly they claimed the Snarl unmade the world after almost wiping out all of the gods... what if it didn't?!

Be funny if the OOTS ended up travelling through a gate and finding the supposedly dead member of the order of the scribble and then learning what else was going on.

Still I can't help wondering if this means Serini left her gate under the protection of Durkan's people?

If I remember correctly they claimed the Snarl unmade the world after almost wiping out all of the gods... what if it didn't?!

Be funny if the OOTS ended up travelling through a gate and finding the supposedly dead member of the order of the scribble and then learning what else was going on.

The Snarl supposedly destroyed one of the four pantheons that originally created the world. "Gods of the East" (i.e. the Greek Gods). The Gods of the North is the Norse Pantheon, the Gods of the South are the Chinese Zodiac, and the Gods of the West are the Babylonian Gods. The other deities of the world, such as the Goblin deity The Dark One, or the Elvish Gods, were mortals that ascended after the world was created.

Supposedly the Snarl killed the entire Eastern pantheon and unmade the world, forcing the other 3 pantheons to retreat to the Outer Planes, then come back and work in concert to imprison the Snarl and build a world around it.

. . .or so Lord Shojo explained it as he knew it from Soon Kim.

Blackwing's staring into the portal seems to imply there is a lot more going on than the Order of the Scribble knew about.

(I'm imagining the series ending with the two worlds co-existing beside each other, and the Order of the Stick fighting the Snarl as a Lovecraftian cosmic abomination in space between the two worlds for the fate of both of them, and somehow bringing back the lost deities in the process, but I like Epic finales like that)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads