• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS 886

Derren

Hero
I'm taking a guess here. V and her familiar finally rejoined the group, but the OOTS saw her as Xykon and his sidekick. Since someone just shouted at Roy in the last panels and that only V understands her familiar, I'm going to bet that they just killed the familiar.

Unlikely.
From the moment on when Roy asks Haley about the runes, possibly even from the first panel on, they were just standing there drooling. Everything what happened in the last 2 comics was just Roys imagination. If he/they really killed something they would have their weapon out and not stand there in perfect marching order.

Last edited:

I'm not greatly upset by it - it was a cool little sequence to see - but it was a let-down.

I think the biggest problem is that the pacing in the strips doesn't match the pacing in the real world.

Two strips of a dream sequence is actually very good pacing (IMHO). Its just long enough to get you involved in the dream, but short enough to not feel cheated. But 10 days of a dream sequence feels like an annoyingly long misdirection and an overall cheap shot. And unfortunately, the last strip was on April 25th. And the last one was a week before that. I can pretty much guarantee that if Rich was still releasing these strips on a three-a-week basis, no one would be complaining about this strip at all.

MarkB

Legend
I think the biggest problem is that the pacing in the strips doesn't match the pacing in the real world.

Yeah, it is a problem.

I've considered before whether to just let strips build up for six months or so and then read them a batch at a time, but I want to know what happens next.

Remove ads