• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Open casting call for iconics- Q&A with our adoring fans

Mialee

First Post
Greetings valued WotC consumers.

The Iconics Adventure is once again shaping up in the In-Character Forum. We have several open slots for Iconics whose players have run off and joined the Navy. See Piratecat for details.

While I'm here, I'll take a little Q&A from the fans.

A thin bald man with tiny sunglasses leans over and whispers to Mialee

Of course I have time. These nerds eat this stuff up. Besides, what with my upcoming appearance on Enterprise, I'm going to need to keep close to my fan base, lest I be accused of "selling out". You call yourself a PR agent?

Ahem. Yes, you over there, with the skull icon for your avatar. What is my outfit made of? Sigh. I'm pretty sure it's a Lycra/cotton blend. It was hand-tailored for me by Louise DeChaloure. No I will not tell you my measurements, zitfarm.

Any other questions?

Anabstercorian

First Post
I have a question!

What happened to Shuluth? I haven't seen him in ages. Did he get downsized? Is he working these days? If he isn't, tell him I have a good job for him as a stunt double.

Also, what sort of hours do you usually work?

Mialee

First Post
Shuluth? Uh... doesn't ring a bell. Is he from a supplement?

Yyyyyeah. That's like asking Julia Roberts if she's kept in touch with extra #7 from THE PELICAN BRIEF.

Mialee laughs at her own little joke, sees no one else laughing, clears her throat and turns red.

Well, we work all hours, depending upon the scene called for. Luckily, in the epic fantasy RPG business, almost all scenes are interior- so they can be shot at our convenience. We have our agents arrange times that are good for us, because we're in a dungeon and we aren't "losing daylight". We might spend 4-8 hours on a shoot, depending on makeup and whether or not our more fussy members are throwing a fit and not coming out of their trailers.

Next?

Last edited:

Aryoche

Explorer
Wow, I've never talked to a real Icon before...

So what's the deal with Nebin? Is he really as tough as he looks in that picture from Dragon a little while back? (Gee I hope I spelled his name right if he is!!!)

Mialee

First Post
I'm sure Nebin will be bounding in here soon, to denegrate the ladies and juggle girlie magazines for the men, but...

No, darling. That pose was carefully crafted in an uptown photography studio. With the right pose and lighting, anyone can be given that brooding sizzle.

Remember the cover of SUNLESS CITADEL? I wasn't actually casting a spell at the time. Because we were waiting for the lighting guys to set up and we weren't working with a quick shutter, or something, the magical effects were photoshopped in later.

Things aren't always as they seem in a module's art... especially the cover.

Last edited:

Crow

First Post
could you explain the whole lesbian thing between Allahna and Vadania... or is my brain messed up again... it was on one of these boards, but it might have been the Iconic group on the Bioware boards....

Ma'varkith

First Post
Ma'varkith hustles into the press conerence, looking flustered. She scans a sheet of paper, rolls her eyes, and stuffs it into a pouch.

"Second stringer... Feh!"

"Sorry I'm late. Just got of the phone with my PR Agent. Looks like someone is tossing around ideas for an 'Iconic Swimsuit Calendar'."

She shoots a cold glare at the bald man standing behind Mialee.

"But you probably know all about it."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Jack looks up from scribbling notes on a small pad of paper, and raises a hand...

Yes, do you know what criteria Mr. Cat will be using to select replacement iconics?

Remove ads