Opening up 2nd level Characters

Bront

The man with the probe
I offer up a vote to allow 2nd level Characters (And therefore expand the limit of characters in LEB to 2) in starting January 15th. Approvals could be sent in before then, but January 15th would be the start date when they would be available for play.

Why the 15th? With the holidays coming up, this gives the approvers (Erekose and myself) time to go over them, players time to build them, and GMs time to think of adventures for them.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Does this mean someone can only have 1 2nd level char (i.e., if Weapon levels, I'd have to create a 1st level char) or what? I'm still relatively new to Living worlds, remember.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Does this mean someone can only have 1 2nd level char (i.e., if Weapon levels, I'd have to create a 1st level char) or what? I'm still relatively new to Living worlds, remember.
Nope--this is for the special "Start at level 2" characters that we talked about before. Sadly, they're actually going to be wealthier than any of the characters who work up to level 2 (at least in our game anyways), which seems a bit unusual, but it's the way things go :)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Nope--this is for the special "Start at level 2" characters that we talked about before. Sadly, they're actually going to be wealthier than any of the characters who work up to level 2 (at least in our game anyways), which seems a bit unusual, but it's the way things go :)
I see. So the eventual goal is able to start at 1, 2, or 3rd level with 3 active characters (of any level if they've earned it)?

Erekose13

Explorer
I Vote yes with a note that if we get a flood of characters it may take some time to get through them all. I don't know if there will be a ton coming in all at once, but just in case. We should also have an adventure ready to go then for new 2nd characters.

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
I see. So the eventual goal is able to start at 1, 2, or 3rd level with 3 active characters (of any level if they've earned it)?
That is correct. You'll note the approved characters are marked what level slot they take.

You can also retire a character to start a new one in that slot of 2 levels lower.

That is ECL, so LA+1 races would be available from the start.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
I Vote yes with a note that if we get a flood of characters it may take some time to get through them all. I don't know if there will be a ton coming in all at once, but just in case. We should also have an adventure ready to go then for new 2nd characters.
That was idealy what the 15th date was for :)

Remove ads