Opinions on Council of Thieves AP?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Our group played the first adventure, and the DM called a halt, saying it was just "too weird" the way it was supposed to play out. We opted for a setting and adventure series he was more comfortable with, and we hopped to Riddleport/Freeport, instead. So far, it's been fun.

The only thing I didn't enjoy with Council of Thieves was the absolute hopelessness that was assured being damn near the only decent of even amoral folks in town. It was like being in a party full of Biblical Daniels in Babylon, and the second you didn't bow down to Asmodeus to save your hide, it was off with your head. :)

Last edited:

ruemere

Adventurer
Our group played the first adventure, and the DM called a halt, saying it was just "too weird" the way it was supposed to play out. We opted for a setting and adventure series he was more comfortable with, and we hopped to Riddleport/Freeport, instead. So far, it's been fun.

The only thing I didn't enjoy with Council of Thieves was the absolute hopelessness that was assured being damn near the only decent of even amoral folks in town. It was like being in a party full of Biblical Daniels in Babylon, and the second you didn't bow down to Asmodeus to save your hide, it was off with your head. :)

The outline of AP should have been written by someone from eastern part of Europe. For all AP's worth, there is one very important aspect missing from the larger picture - common folk.
Under all totalitarian regimes, it's up to them to make difference (for the world and for the PCs), since once you highlight the "this is for my friends and my family" part, your players will feel involved each time a bystander is threatened.

Regards,
Ruemere

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The only thing I didn't enjoy with Council of Thieves was the absolute hopelessness that was assured being damn near the only decent of even amoral folks in town.

Also the problem with Second Darkness.

Except you were meant to be scum. Except when you weren't.

Cheers!

Remove ads