• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Opinions on the "Full-Time Wizard" articles

What do you think about the "Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard" articles?

• Poll closed .

architect.zero

First Post
Beckett said:
I think you missed the point of the column.
No, I got the point of the column. I just don't like the column (for the reasons I stated). if you like it, that's cool.

However, you might have missed the point of this thread, which reads, "Opinions on the "Full-Time Wizard" articles (emphasis mine).

My opinion: Lame.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
My sentiments exactly. Not my cup of tea.

I enjoy it, but it won't be enjoyable for everyone.

Designer blogs aren't for everyone.

Races and Classes isn't for everyone.

I don't think it's really trying to appeal to everyone. But it does sound pretty distinct from anything else out there in gamer news, and I think that's a really positive thing. A fresh voice, a new way of looking at the world, a perspective not so obsessed with minutiae as enjoying the fun and fantasy of it.

That there's a gamer I think I'd gladly roll a couple of d20's with.

*shrug* It's a conversational tone. I'm a little surprised people are so venomous about it, but I guess I underestimate the internet yet again. ;)

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I think it's very good.

I don't express my enthusiasm for gaming in the same ways or terms that Shelly does, but it's obvious to me that she enjoys what she's writing about and that she enjoys writing about it.

Anything Wizards of the Coast can do to increase diversity in the hobby, they should do. More gamers, and more kinds of gamers, is a good thing.

Hussar

Legend
Just finished the third column. Reminds me a lot of Wil Saves without the Star Trek comments. Wil Saves had lots of venom shot at it as well.

I dunno. I kinda like it. This, at least, is something I can show to my non-gaming wife and use to try to explain what it is I do 3 hours a week.

Remove ads