OPPENHEIMER - New Trailer

If you don't plan to watch it for whatever reason please do not comment.

It doesn't look like they filmed on location here in New Mexico, but I'll give the film the benefit of the doubt and wait to see.

Ryujin

Legend
Dramified or not, this bit of history is well worth learning about. It seems that Oppenheimer read a different translation of the Bhagavad Gita than I did. Mine reads, “I am become Time, consumer of worlds.”

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Christopher Nolan has yet to make a bad movie. There are movies that are truly great, and there are movies that are interesting, but none that are just bad. AFAIC, he's our modern-day Kubrick.

Given the unblemished track record dating back to 1998, I'm going to see it.

PS- His best movie is, and remains, The Prestige. Fight me.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
PPS-

Indisputable Nolan Rankings going into this movie ...

1. The Prestige
2. Memento
3. Dunkirk
4. The Dark Knight
5. Inception
6. Tenet
7. Interstellar
8 Following
9. Insomnia
10. Dark Knight Rises
11 Batman Begins

(I moved Interstellar up two since the last time I ranked them)

Stalker0

Legend
PPS-

Indisputable Nolan Rankings going into this movie ...

1. The Prestige
2. Memento
3. Dunkirk
4. The Dark Knight
5. Inception
6. Tenet
7. Interstellar
8 Following
9. Insomnia
10. Dark Knight Rises
11 Batman Begins

(I moved Interstellar up two since the last time I ranked them)
I’ll dispute Tenet. It’s a cool premise, and has some amazing scenes (the end battle where you see people battling bsck and forth was seriously neat), but there’s something about that movie that just doesn’t work.

MGibster

Legend
PS- His best movie is, and remains, The Prestige. Fight me.
This would be like getting mad at someone who thinks Aliens is a better movie than Alien. While I think Alien is superior, Aliens is also an excellent movie and I can't possibly get upset that someone believes it's the superior film. Nolan's best movie in Interstellar in my book.

Ryujin

Legend
This would be like getting mad at someone who thinks Aliens is a better movie than Alien. While I think Alien is superior, Aliens is also an excellent movie and I can't possibly get upset that someone believes it's the superior film. Nolan's best movie in Interstellar in my book.
They're two very different films. "Alien" is a horror. "Aliens" is an action/adventure. They're both excellent films, in their respective genres.

Remove ads