• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

oprimal archer ranger

gus87

First Post
i am going to play a archer ranger in an eberron campaign and wee are playing a sort of FBI CIA ant om going to bee the reckon perception player so im looking for some tips or a buind to help mee do this the optimal way we start att lv 2 thanx

Shin Okada

Explorer
Using Superior Crossbow can be an interesting option. A human Ranger 2 can have 3 feats and thus can take, Weapon Proficiency (Superior Crossbow), Weapon Expertise (Crossbow) & Speed Loader. If you start from Dex 20, you can have +10 attack bonus at L2.

d.wartooth

First Post
I am going to play a archer ranger in an Eberron campaign and we are playing a sort of FBI/CIA and I'm going to be the recon perception player, so I'm looking for some tips or a build to help me do this the optimal way. We start at lv 2 thanks

(Edited for clarity)

Starting off at a low level in 4E isn't the hindrance it was in 3 or 3.5. For an optimized low level bow ranger, you may want to try a few different builds (the Character Builder from WOTC is extremely useful for this). A human bow ranger is great at low levels (choosing your "bump stat", extra at will and skill training would definitely fit the flavor of your campaign, since he's the Recon guy (choosing stealth, perception, nature etc...). Also the Elf race gets a nice boost to your relevant stats,as well as, Elven Weapon Prof. and Group Awareness (giving your non-elf allies a bonus to their Perception checks).

The best suggestion I have is, play around with different Race combos for the type of character you want to play. Look at what each gives you not just in term of mechanical bonuses, but for RP playability as well, but overall HAVE FUN PLAYING YOUR CHARCTER! Eberron is a wonderful campaign setting for RP.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads