• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Optimising versus Roleplaying

Obryn

Hero
ooh! I claim the Obryn Fallacy

"A person's posting in a thread automatically declares their interest in that thread's subject matter. It is impossible to both post and not care."

...Which is clearly false, since it's usually how I post.

There. It's formulated. I demand you start using this to win arguments on the internet.

-O

Rel

Liquid Awesome

The ardoughter fallacy- the assumption that you need to formulate a fallacy before having it named for you.

QED

I vote that by the time this thread drops off the front page, everyone in the forum has a fallacy named after them except Rel.

At which point the Rel Falacy becomes "The assumption that threatening to pout if you don't get a falacy named after you will be effective."

Muhahahaha! I win either way!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
ooh! I claim the Obryn Fallacy

"A person's posting in a thread automatically declares their interest in that thread's subject matter. It is impossible to both post and not care."

...Which is clearly false, since it's usually how I post.

There. It's formulated. I demand you start using this to win arguments on the internet.

-O

I'm demonstrating why your fallacy is false right now.

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
Apart from the other ways in which this thread has been elucidating, it has brought to my attention a massive oversight, which desperately needs correction: I don't have a fallacy named after me.

I intend to address this by pouting until such time as I get one.

Does that mean you won't post until you have formulated such fallacy, or are you one of those rare males that can multitask? Pouting and posting at the same time?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Does that mean you won't post until you have formulated such fallacy, or are you one of those rare males that can multitask? Pouting and posting at the same time?

I'm virtually always doing something else while I post. IYKWIMAITYD.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads