• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Optimizers, oh my!

timASW

Banned
Banned
My biggest issue is that while there are many people who are adamant about playing their obscure system for whatever reasons they have, there are precious few of them who are willing to take the time to teach the system to new players. Most will give just a cursory lesson on a few parts of the system and expect new players to be totally set by the next game. With more readily available resources and information for non-indie games, it's easier for a player to acquaint themselves with the system without the need for teaching.

So it's really not surprising that people won't play new games when experience, at least with myself, has taught people that noone wants to help you. It's fairly frustrating and it doesn't spur a desire to be flexible on the issue.

I can definitely see that being a problem. I myself use a dropbox account that I share with the group and upload PDF's of whatever books the system uses too. We also have a yahoo group that we use to chat about the game so they can drop a message on there anytime during the week with any questions and I'll answer them.

So I definitely try to make it easy on everyone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads