• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Optional rule: Heroic Feats

whydirt

First Post
Here's an option I was thinking about using for a new game. I wanted to make feats seem more useful without handing out more than normal. I figured a simple way to do this would be to increase the benefits of each feat. Most feats with a bonus would now give double the normal bonus. In cases where doubling the bonus might be too powerful or in cases where feats don't offer a tangible set bonus, I might just combine two feats in a feat chain together into a single feat.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Why not just provide an extra ability based on the situation at hand? For instance a person with alertness not only gets the bonuses but they get to use them more often by naturely being alert.

LoneWolf23

First Post
Seen Unearthed Arcana? It's Action Point mechanics can allow for 1) use of Feats even if you don't have them, as long as you meet the prereqs, and 2) enhancing the effects of Feats you do have.

Remove ads